Saturday, April 6, 2024

Watching Over Me by Janet

 

As I like to do, I will use stamp sets that were designed for water color. This wonderful lighthouse cliff scene is from 5069-My Fortress Set. It's part of the Bible Journaling line but it can work in other mediums too. After stamping and coloring it with markers, I fussy cut it and then created a nautical patterned background to place it on. I think it works quite well.

I'm the first to admit that the earth tone colors are not my typical style. I almost always use bright colors, but for this card I wanted to give the impression of a night scene with a lighthouse brightly. The dark star sky background was cut with 5726-Nested Circle Dies. I offset the circle to the right and trimmed off the edges for a different look. The rectangle sentiment is also from the stamp set and I used 5724-Nested Rectangle Dies to cut it out along with a nested mat. I also stamped, colored, and fussy cut the seagull before placing it on the sentiment with the wings going beyond the matted rectangles. I also used a stamp in the set to put additional bird silhouettes above the bird house. There are lots of options in this set which are truly awesome.

This card has a much different look from what the stamp set was designed for but this shows there are options beyond watercolor. Take a look at your watercolor sets and see what additional ideas you might try to get even more use from them! 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a GREAT Saturday!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 



1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Janet! I love it!