Thursday, May 23, 2024

Bundle of Joy by Dori Mendiola

 Happy Thursday AI Friends!

I don't know about all of you, but it seems this is the year for babies.  I figured I better get ready so I decided to make a few baby cards using the #5495 Matchbook Nursery set.  I like to stretch my supplies and create new ways to use stamp sets so I used this stamp set and created two A2 cards.

                        
I stamped the images from the #5495 MB Nursery set onto copic friendly paper and colored with my copic markers (see color list below).  I die cut each with the coordinating dies from the same set.  Since the stamps are made to be used in a matchbook, they die cut with the tabs, so I just trimmed the tabs off.  I die cut with plain cardstock as well and glued to the back of the colored image for dimension.  In the stamp set, the elephant sits on top of a dresser, so I colored him and fussy cut him out.  I then made a slit in the rocking chair and tucked him into the slit so that he looks like he is partially under the pillow.  I used #5591 Journal Rectangle Frames to frame the scene and put a piece of tulle behind the window to add dimension.  I also used #5063 Rectangle A2 Double Stitch die for the full panel and #5132 Tag Stitched dies for the sentiment. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you have a great day!

Copics used:  C00, C01, C03
E21, E23, E25
Y02, Y04, Y08, Y32, Y35
YR12, YR16, B41, B45
RV32, RV34
R81, R83, R85



1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Dori these cards are so beautiful! I love how you used the Matchbook Sets to create your cards! You're a genius!!