Saturday, May 18, 2024

Panda Love by Janet


 Welcome to the weekend! Today I bring you a card with two huggable pandas from the set designed by Kim Hein. It's called KH5821 - Panda Set. This is a 12 piece set that includes several panda images as well as bamboo, leaves and sentiments.


My card is a simple design and easy to do with just two Copic markers (C1 and C7). After coloring and shading, I fussy cut the two sitting panda images and set them aside. I then made a mask for the center of the card by cutting a circle in masking paper. If you're not familiar with masking paper, it is paper with a repositionable adhesive on one side. After cutting the circle out of a sheet using 5726 - Nested Circle Dies, I peeled the protective backing and stuck it to my card panel which I had cut at 4" x 5 1/4". I blended Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink with a blending brush in the bottom half of the circle and Tumbled Glass on the top half. 

At this point I stamped several stalks of bamboo from the stamp set along with leaves placed where I wanted them. I also stamped the sentiment. Once done, I peeled the mask off the cardstock. What remained is a perfect circle of color with bamboo. The circle of color forms a perfect background to place the two sitting pandas mounted on foam tape. Then the finished panel was mounted with foam tape to an A2 card base made in matching white cardstock. This technique creates a simple but effective card that's perfect for anyone who like pandas and all that they symbolize.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my card gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a great Saturday!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest  

No comments: