Saturday, June 29, 2024

Gnome Sweet Home Dimensional Card by Janet


Hello and happy Saturday! Today I've got a fun little card made with the new 5901-Mini Rectangle Frame Dies. The Matchbook Series cards work really well in this frame. For mine, I used the new 5908-Gnome Home Matchbook Set. The papers come from the 5832-Gnome Paper Pack.

To make this card, I started by stamping and coloring with Karin Brushmarker Pro watercolor pens. It's been a while since I used them and it really was fun. I LOVE bright colors and this really made me happy to paint. It just makes me happy! I'm definitely going to use the Karin markers a little more regularly. Once colored, I used the dies from the matchbook set to cut out the shapes. 

The Frame Dies create the card base. To make it, I cut out the main card shape with the included die. Before I ran it through my die cutter, I placed the largest rectangle included in the set in the middle of the front so that a window was cut into it. Similarly I cut a patterned paper with hearts from the paper pack with the same window placement so it could be glued to the face of the card. I cut out a background in matching plaid and glued it in. Then I cut another piece with a mushroom pattern to put in the middle. It's a rectangle the same size as the card but I used a smaller rectangle die to cut the window in it. I placed all the pieces in layers and glued them in. I strategically placed a few pieces of foam tape behind a few pieces to make the layers stand up a little more. This card has a slight curve to it but still folds flat for mailing. The fold helps pop the layers too so you don't really need the foam tape. I just decided I liked it best that way. I added a sentiment and a couple small heart enamels. The last touch was to add the easel back made from another of the Mini Rectangle Die set so that it stands nicely on it's own. The easel also folds flat for mailing. All the dies and more are part of the 5901 Mini Rectangle Frame Die set. It's rather genius! Many of the sets beyond matchbooks can be used in this set and I look forward to playing with it more. It's a must have for your collection!

 Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my card gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Be sure to take a look at all the new releases while you are there. Have a great weekend!

 Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

How cute is this, Janet!! Adorable!

Bunny said...

So colorful. Great card. [Bunny]