Saturday, July 20, 2024

Carry a Big Tumbler! by Janet

Hello everyone. Today I bring you a square card. It measures 4 1/2" and features the hard working, but very cool lady of the 5928-Stay Hydrated Set. The heart paper is one of the great little patterns in the 5832-Gnome Paper Pack.

To make this card, I started by stamping and coloring the lady. She's obviously a very busy lady with a HUGE tumbler to keep her going. I had some fun with her outfit by adding the vertical (and slimming, ha ha ha!) stripes in coffee colors on her shirt. A white shirt is worn over the top but I added a pink striped collar and folded sleeve trim. I stamped and colored another of the cups to add to the top of the first cup. It gives it more dimension and emphasizes the hugeness of the tumbler. Before fussy cutting the second cup out, I chose the swirl pattern and stamped it with Versamark and applied white heat embossing powder to it. I added it to the top of the first cup with foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it in white to match the tumbler. I cut it and the scallop background with punches in my stash. Finally I added a wax seal and brown ribbon. I made the seal over a month ago and have been waiting for the right project to use it. I think I found it!

 Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my card gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Be sure to take a look at all the new releases while you are there. Have a great weekend!

 Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest   

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Fantastic card, Janet! I love how you put the ribbon on it and she looks flat out amazing!!!