Saturday, August 31, 2024

Sweet and Spooky by Janet


 Halloween is getting closer so now is the time to start making cards for the holiday. The thing I love about Halloween is being able to be someone (or something!) else for a night without anyone thinking you're weird. How often does that happen? For example, I'm never going to be one to die my hair pink or blue but I will sport it once a year on Halloween just for the pure fun of it. 

Speaking of fun, I decided to use 5506 - Peek-a-Boo Set for my slimline card. I used a die from 5463 - Slimline Dies Set to cut out a spooky printed background. Then I made a dark purple card base and rounded the corners. Before I glued the patterned paper to the base, I heat embossed two of the sentiments and then I dragged my VersaMark ink pad in various places and sprinkled a a white and glitter mix embossing powder on it. I applied my heat gun to melt the powder. The result is a fun background accent for this card. I think it looks a little like magic dust which nicely accents the spooky but cute witch, Frankenstein, and vampire.

I stamped the three characters and colored it with Copic markers. I also stamped and colored three of the windows. I did the same with the pumpkin from the set. I cut everything out using the included dies. The window die cuts the shutters and puts a score line in them so you can open them up for a peek-a-boo effect if desired. For my part, I tucked the characters inside so they are coming out of the windows. I couldn't cover up my favorite of the characters - Frankenstein. Oh my, he's adorable! So I set him next to the center window and tucked the pumpkin between the shutters.

Thanks so much for joining me to see what I created for you today. Please visit the Ai store for the sets I used and all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a great weekend!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Janet!! This is soooooo ADORABLE!!!! I love how you composed this! It could not possibly be any cuter!!!