Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Halloween Bookmarks by Reneé Matarese

Hello Ai fans!

My friend has two little girls who are Girl Scouts.
They are trying to earn their Craft and Tinker Badge and she asked if I could come in and work with the girls and their troop. I will have 14 girls and 1 hour to complete something. She mentioned maybe making a bookmark, and with the Halloween season upon us, I came up with this design. This is just preliminary. I am seeing a brighter background for little girls, maybe orange or lime green? And also, I think the fence is a little delicate for their small hands to glue down. I think they'll love the little characters though.


I used characters from 5506 – Peek-a-Boo Set and I think I may offer them some of the new 5934 – Spooky Crew Set or 5352 – Halloween Critters Set too.


I used 5223 – Bookmark Dies for the base. This is such a fun and easy project with so many possibilities. The dies help it come together so quickly. P.S. I need a better camera. My Dracula has rosy cheeks and a pink skin tone in person but they didn't show up on camera. 


My friend offered to reimburse me for my supplies but I declined. I'm starting to rethink that though. Is it wrong to ask for a box of Samoas as payment...lol!

Copics used:
C4, N6, YR12, G40, G43, RV000, R46

No comments: