Hello, and Welcome to Watercolor Weekend! Ah….August….the hurrah before fall. Don’t mind me while I sit in the air
conditioning until fall arrives.
LOL! However, I do love all of
the green and flowers, and I’m in no hurry for the cold I know is coming. I am a mid-temp kind of gal.
For my 1st card I decided to go with several sets using the 6158 Story Tile Template. The possibilities with this die is never ending. I started off cutting down my watercolor paper to 4 ¼ by 5 ½, I keep a cutout of the template with my die that I use to trace the outline of the boxes on my paper. I then stamped in all of my images with Distress Ink Pumice Stone, and then stamped them off once before placing them on my project, masking off the guides where needed. I used 6106 Spring Keepsake Set for the birdhouse, and used a pencil to create a guide for the hanging line. A mix of 565 and 969 for the wood, mixing these creates a more weathered look to the wood. I then added 403 to the main part of the birdhouse, decorating with Bleed Proof White with a touch of 025 for the centers of the flowers. 526 was used on the sky before adding in the leafy branch from 5126 WC Foliage Set 4 in 126 and 177. I also used a mix of 565 and 969 to the hanging line. 5981 My Joy Set was used for the Black-eyed Susans, I started with 126 on the leaves and contoured with 177. For the petals I started with a base layer of 055, adding contours with 025. I use a small amount of 026 for the deeper shading. The centers I use 947 and shade with 969, also adding a couple of dots with 969 on each center. For the background I used 403, and then added some gold dots with Winsor & Newton Gold Ink with 5418 Bible Foliage Set 2. For the next section I used 6195 Love Blooms Set with a stamp positioner to make sure I had it centered where I wanted it. A pencil and ruler was used to map out the guidelines for the windows before I started coloring. For the windows I used a mix of 526 and 565, shading with more 565 along the edges. For the wood I did a mix of 565 and 969 for this one as well. Darkening around the bases of everything sitting on the bench. For the curtains I used 025, and the tie backs I used 403. For the pillow on the right I used 676 and 947 for the button, the left pillow I used 403 and 969 for the button. I colored the left pot with 905, adding stripes and dots, and then shadowed with 947. The right pot I used 126 and also shaded this with 947. I started with adding in the shadows on the cat with 565 and then colored him in with N15. I used a black micron on his facial features and a pencil for his whiskers. I added in the foliage with 5126 WC Foliage Set 4, vines, in the right pot with a mix of 126 and 177. For the left pot, I used 4868 WC Flower Set 2 in 676 and 177. I also added in some Bleed Proof White for flowers on the vine. For the birds, I used the 6196 Fresh Flowers Set. A black micron was used on the eyes, beaks, and feet before coloring. I extended the line across the opening with a pencil as well, to create a ledge that I colored with a mix of 565 and 969, adding some extra 565 for the shadows. For the birds I started with 526 and 905, but then decided to add additional color with 565 and 856 because I felt they were too light. 403 was used for the sky, and then I added the little leafy branch from 5007 WC Foliage Set 3 with 249. Adding in some flowers with Bleed Proof White.
For my 2nd card I used 6184 Euro Cottage Set with Distress Ink Pumice Stone after stamping off once and then stamped onto my watercolor paper. I also created a mask for later. I started with 947 on the roof, adding a bit of 969 for the darker areas and added shading with 565. I used a mix of 565 and 969, with a touch of 249 on the chimney, door frame, and steps, shading these with 565. For the walls I watered down some 969 just to give them a bit of tint, and then darker for the suggestion of bricks. For the trim around the windows I used 947 and a bit of 969. 526 and 565 was used on the windows, and then I used some 969 for the panes. I used 969 on the door, shading with 565, and then used 947 for the door knob. For the lantern, I started with 526 for the glass, and finished it off with 026.
I then used the mask I created and masked off the cottage to add in the foliage for the trees. 4051 Foliage Set 1, the large foliage, I covered the stamp with 126 and then added 177 in random areas, stamping and re-inking multiple times for both sides. I softened this with a damp brush before adding in the branches. I used one of the larger branches from 4964 WC Branches Set in 977, using the stamp positioner to figure out where I wanted the branches of the trees to be. I then added in some 526 for the sky. Removing the mask, I then used one of the smaller branches from the same set for the vines going up around the house. From 4051, I used the small grass in 177 along both sides of the house, and then used 5126 WC Foliage Set 4 and the vines in 126 and 177. I also softened the vines and grass with a damp brush, before adding in some Bleed Proof White. Just a touch of 969 for the path for the door. I cut out my image with the 3rd from largest die from the 5063 Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies. After matting my card base with paper from 6033 Inspirational Easter Paper Pack, I matted my image with a darker green and then silver, before assembling my card. Thank you so much for joining me today, and I hope you enjoyed my cards! Until next time, Create….Share….Inspire!




.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment