Hello Fellow Crafters!
For today’s card, I wanted to create something soft and elegant with a touch of vintage charm. I love how a simple floral image can be transformed with a little watercolor, texture, and a few special details.
Using Canson Watercolor Paper, I stamped the image using N95. I colored the stems and leaves first with 177. Then I colored the flower, starting with 985. I used 055 to add highlights to the bloom and 933 in the center of the flower. I used 526 around the flower to add a soft touch of color to the background.
Once the coloring was dry, I splattered some Winsor & Newton Gold paint over the flower for a little extra shimmer. I then used the Antique Frame Die (from a different company) to cut out my panel.
Using Memento Toffee Crunch, I distressed the edges of the panel to enhance the vintage look. Next, I stamped my sentiment using Versafine Clair Nocturne.
I then selected a frame that would fit around the sentiment from the Frameworks Set 4 and stamped it using Memento Toffee Crunch. Using a small brush, I painted over the stamped frame with Winsor & Newton Gold paint to add a subtle metallic accent.
I felt the card still needed a little something extra, so I used a textured stamp with Distress Ink Antique Linen and stamped it randomly over the card panel. This added just the right amount of texture and finished off the vintage feel of the card.
Materials Used
Stamps & Dies
• 6218 – BJ Long Stem
Set
• 6222 – Frameworks Set 4
• 5063 – Double
Stitched Rectangle Die (Largest)
Paper
• Canson Watercolor Paper
Inks & Mediums
• Distress Ink –
Antique Linen
• Memento Toffee Crunch
• Versafine Clair
Nocturne
• Winsor & Newton Gold Paint
Tombow Markers
• N95 – Stamped Image
•
985 – Flower
• 055 – Flower Highlights
• 933 –
Flower Center
• 177 – Stems & Leaves
• 526 –
Background
For my second card, I used the Story Tile Die to cut a piece of Canson Watercolor Paper. I then arranged my flowers onto each section and stamped the images using Distress Ink Antique Linen.
Once the images were stamped, I colored each section using the Tombow markers listed below. I then cut another frame from patterned paper and adhered it to the watercolor frame. After attaching the layered frame to my card base, I glued each watercolor tile back into place to complete the card.
Materials Used
Stamps & Dies
• 6158 – Story Tile Die
• 6220 – Sing to the Lord
• 6218 – BJ Long Stem
• 5735 – Birthday Sentiments Set
Paper
• 6012 – Basic Yellow Patterned Paper
• Canson Watercolor Paper
Inks & Mediums
• TwinTone Marker – Purple
• Pitt Artist Pen – Black
• Versafine Clair Nocturne
• Distress Ink – Antique Linen
Tombow Markers
• 177, 985, 025, 925, 526 – Tulips
• 606, 177, 526 – Petunia
• 856, 177, N15, 526 – Poppy Flower
• 312, 685, 837, 985, 856, 555, 565, 177, 526 – Wildflowers
Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!


No comments:
Post a Comment