Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Gnome Storybook by Dori Mendiola

 Happy Wednesday AI Friends!

Have you seen the latest storybook stamp and die sets?  Bonnie knocked it out of the park with the #6223 - Whimsical Storybook set with the little gnome and fairy!  Who doesn't love gnomes and fairies? 

There is a perfect little storybook box die that fits this set but I chose to use the #5902 - Mini Scallop Frame set and pop up the layers using foam tape instead of frame layers.   I thought I would show you how versatile these sets are and how you can use them with other products you may have in your collection.


With Khaki colored cardstock, I cut the mini scallop frame with the oval window die placed in the middle.  I then placed the scallop edge of the die on the straight edge of the frame piece and did a partial die cut so that the straight edge had a scallop cut as well.  I cut a piece of pattern paper with the same process and adhered to the front of the frame.  I also cut a small piece of pattern paper to fit the inside of the frame as the background.  
I stamped the images of the storybook stamp set onto copic friendly paper using Memento black ink and colored with my copic markers listed below.  I die cut each with the coordinating dies that are included with the stamp set.  I added stickles to the fairy wings.


You can trim off part of the curved tabs from the images but leave some for gluing into the frame.  I adhered the house flat to the background and then popped up the other pieces to create dimension within the frame.  


I added the sentiment from the #5935 - Fairytale Houses set to the label die, included with the frame set, and adhered it to the front of the frame with some twine.  To finish off, I added the easel to the back of the frame so that this little cutie can be placed on display.

Thanks for joining me today!  I hope you have a wonderful week and you find time to create with this cute set!

Copics used:  R20, R22, R24
E00, E01, E11, E21, E23, E50, E51, E53, E55
N0, N1, N2, N3    B0000, B000, B00, B01
   Y15      YG61    G12     BG93

No comments: