Saturday, May 19, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Friendship Blooms!

Hello, Ai Watercolor Fans! Today we have three fabulous projects to share, featuring gorgeous florals. Our friends Dot and Tricia O. have paired a friendship sentiment with their card, while Tricia K. framed her poppies for a perfect gift!

Dot Freel Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

Spring has surely arrived for most of us and I made a Spring birthday card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend roundup. A friend gave me the heart shaped balloon. I used eight stamp sets and nine markers to create it. See my list of supplies below:

Marvy LePlume II Markers: 45 Sepia15 Olive Green72 Pine Green55 Iris Purple75 Sky Blue, 70 Peppermint, 35 Coral Pink, 52 Yellow Green, 62 Wisteria
Other Supplies: Canson Watercolor Paper

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram

Just three stamps and four markers were used to create my pretty “Poppy Painting” for today’s Watercolor Weekend project. I watercolored the Art Impressions Way by stamping the container from WC Containers in African Violet, then the foliage from WC Foliage Set 2 in Olive Green and finally the long-stemmed flowers from Watering Can in English Red and Olive Green (I added a few more buds by just stamping the single top flower several times). To achieve the “poppy” look, I placed a small black dot with the fine tip of Black into the center of each flower making sure to leave a little white space too.


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
Lately I have really been into creating watercolor projects that have a frame of some kind in the design. I decided to share one for Watercolor Weekend that is really simple to achieve. It only requires 3 stamps and 3 markers. You can use a shaped die or really anything you have around the house to use as a template. This project can also be used for any occasion, just stamp the sentiment you need. Don’t have an occasion yet, leave it blank until you need one, then you will have a card ready to go at a moment’s notice.

I traced a square lightly on my watercolor paper using my stitched square die with a pencil. Then, I used 2 flowers from the new 5008 – WC Flower Set 3 inked with 20 Magenta and 15 Olive Green and the small leaves from the new 5007 – WC Foliage Set 3 also inked with 15 Olive Green. I used the square as a guide to where I wanted to place my flowers. I used the 40 Brownish Grey on my palette to create the square. 

If you would like to see how I created this card, come check out the video on my YouTube channel. I hope you will join us for Watercolor Weekend and share your projects with us using #AIWatercolor. 
Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 20 Magenta15 Olive Green40 Brownish Grey
Other Supplies: VersaFine- Onyx Black Ink PadHeartfelt Hydrangea- ClearHeavy Base Weight Card Stock- Bubblegum PinkSimon Says Stamp SHAPES WITH STITCHES SetSS160 In Stitches

Thank you for your beautiful cards, ladies! We are celebrating our gal pals this week with our newest Girlfriends release, and a hand-stamped and painted card is a wonderful way to share some love. We hope you'll get a chance to make and mail a card to one of your friends this weekend! Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Such gorgeous cards! You all amaze me with your talents every time!!

Colleen said...

Love them all, great job ladies keep them coming for us

Cheri Burry said...

You guys are my idols with your gorgeous watercoloring!!

Daria said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing details.