Thursday, October 25, 2018

BUZZING With BEE-UTIFUL Christmas Stamps! PLUS Challenge 244 Lots of Layers




Have you noticed the growing holiday buzz? It could be our NEW Christmas clear stamps! Create some quirky holiday cards with our Christmas Bee Set, complete with adorable images and unique sentiments! Joining in our lineup are two more traditional sets, Sleigh Bells and Snow Friend. Each of these sets are PACKED with images and sentiments, with 15 pieces each giving you great value and versatility for your holiday crafting! Fly, prance or skate over to artimpressions.com to grab your stamps for this year's holiday cards!

  Christmas Bee Snow Friend Sleigh Bells

Today we have Crystal with us to share her un-BEE-lieveable project!

Hi AI fans!! 

Time to get moving on those Christmas cards! I had so much fun playing with this Christmas Bee set 5042!




I started with Stamping multiples of every image from the stamp set in Memento black so I could sit and relax and then fussy cut them out.  I started with  a 4 1/4"X 5 1/5" card base. 


For my first layer I cut a piece of water cardstock down to 4"X 5 1/4". 
I wanted a layer to match the colors I planned on the card so I took my harmony inkpad in  Honey Pot and inked the edges of the watercolor cardstock. I was not careful to blend at all I just wanted the edges to be dark so it looked like I had matching cardstock. I adhered that cardstock directly to the cardbase. 

For my next layer I trimmed another piece of watercolor cardstock down to 3 7/8" X 5/8" and adhered it to my inked cardstock using fun foam to add a little dimension. 


For my third layer I wanted to add texture and the look of honey combs to tie in the bees to the card. I took the same Honey Pot ink as I used for the edges of the first piece of cardstock and stenciled on to a piece of water color cardstock which was just a little bit smaller then the last layer. I then adhered that layer to the white watercolor cardstock. 


I fussy cut both the tree and the singing bees as close to the black line as I could. After I cut them out I went around the edges with  a black pen so I could not see any white peaking out. Before I adhered the bees to the card I inked up the bottom of the stamp and stamped the feet directly onto the card base. 


As a extra layer for more dimension I stamped the bee hive up on the left corner but also stamped a couple trees directly onto the background with black ink and layered the tree over them. 


I stamped the sentiment onto watercolor cardstock and inked the edges with the same yellow ink as everything else and adhered it with some foam tape. 



To finish the card off I added a few drops of clear glitter Nuvo Drops. 


Spectrum Noir Markers:

CT1, CT4, IG5, IG10, DR1, DR7, AB1, AB4, MB1, MB3, MB5, GG1, GG2, GG3, AG1, AG2, AG3, Blender 

Happy Stamping! 
Hope you are inspired and I look forward to seeing what you create for the challenge. 



Thanks, Crystal! Your card is as sweet as honey!

It's time for a new challenge! This two-week challenge is about "lots of layers" - what does that mean to you? It could be layering papers, inks, stamped images or embellishments... possibilities are endless! Join our challenge, not only do we love seeing what you create, but we also love sending stamp prizes to Top Spot and Honorable Mentions!

Here are the Challenge Rules:
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, November 7 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!
Before we go, let's recognize the winners of last weeks' challenge!

Top spot goes to...



Wow! We are so impressed with all the details you added, from the Window Die to the elements from our Kitten Vanity PopCard. The lace curtains, string, and even wall art inside this cat house really made us smile! Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address to claim your prize pack!

Honorable Mentions go to...

June!

Kara Lynne!
Congrats, you two! June, we love the scrapbook page you used to commemorate your time helping us at Scrapbook Expo! The way you incorporated the Dog Twist Ties and Cabin Circlet into the design is so cute, and those star embellishments are on point! And Kara Lynne, not only is your coloring fantastic, but your burlap and enamel dots perfectly complement our Spring Chickens! Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address and select a stamp of your choice for a prize!

We hope y'all will join us again for our Lots of Layers challenge! It will be a fun one!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: