Saturday, August 18, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Doors of Possibilities!

It's time for another Watercolor Weekend! Come check out these three amazing projects from our Watercolor Design Team, created to inspire your weekend projects! Let's take a look!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I made this card for the bi-monthly Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend Roundup using the truck from the 5011 - WC Truck Set and I used the quail family from 4207 - Feathers TF. As you can see from the pictures, I have quail that travel through my back yard, every spring. Do you see the little baby chick on the log? They make the cutest sounds and I just love how protective the parents are of their sweet little chicks. The flower stamps I used are from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 and the grass is from 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1. The sentiment is from the set 4903 - WC Sentiments.

Other Supplies: Ranger Watercolor Paper

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
My “Dimensional Door” project for today’s Watercolor Weekend is a tiny 3D delight. So get out your X-Acto knife and foam tape! Lets get started. 

Stamp the door from the Door Set on your watercolor paper using a combination of Sepia and African Violet which creates a lovely grey. Stamp the foliage from Foliage Set 3 in Olive Green near the base of the door and around the top. Add in the long stem flower from Mini Flower Set in Scarlet and Olive Green. Watercolor the Art Impressions way by pulling the color from the lines with your paint brush and water. Next, stamp in the tiny dot flowers Mini Flower Set in Scarlet. Using the fine tip of African Violet, darken the hinges on the door and the key hole. On a separate piece of watercolor paper, paint in a line of Sepia, free-hand a small vase sitting on top in African Violet, then stamp the long stem flower from Mini Flower Set in Scarlet and Olive Green and foliage from Foliage Set 3. Watercolor the Art Impressions way by pulling the color from the lines with your paint brush and water. And finally, it’s time to get out your X-Acto knife. Using the edge of a metal ruler and your X-Acto knife, cut down the middle, top and bottom of the door. Then cut out the windows. Score at the hinges and bend slightly open. Place foam tape on the backside of the door watercolor paper and align the vase watercolor behind.




Other Products: Post-It Notes, Foam Tape, X-Acto Knife, Metal Ruler, Scoring Tool

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
Hello Art Impressions Fans and welcome to another Watercolor Weekend. I am excited to share my Sleeping Dog project with you. This is a fun summer project that is easy to create! My design team colleagues and I would love for you to join us on Instagram using #AIWatercolor.

I used several sets to create this sleeping dog project. I stamped the sleeping dog from the Mini Critter set. I masked him off and stamped the Chair from the Wooden Chair Set. I masked that off and stamped the bricks from the Cobblestone set. Once these were stamped, I pulled the color out of the lines and added additional color with my watercolor palette. I masked off the dog and stamped some small grass around him and the chair.

I masked the chair off and stamped the Birch Trees from the Covered Bridge stamp set. I pulled the color out from the outside of the trees. I added more leaves with the leaves from the same set. I added the left and right grasses from the Garden Wagon mini set. I then added the flower bunch to the right side of the chair. To finish it off, I added some Blue to the sky.

Check out my blog for more details! Join us!

Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 86 African Violet45 Sepia15 Olive Green8 Violet3 Blue20 Magenta

Thank you for your beautiful projects, team! Comment below to let us know what you most enjoyed about this week's edition! Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

see mary stamp said...

Beautiful projects. Thank you for all of the inspiration. I always look forward to Watercolor Weekend.