Saturday, September 1, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Love and the Sea!

Hello, Ai Watercolor Fans! Did you catch our NEW release on Thursday? We're having fun all month long with these new stamp sets! Our Watercolor Guest Design Team is back for Watercolor Weekend inspiration!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I am in love with Art Impression's brand new 5053 WC Little Girls Set and there's also a brand new WC Little Boys Set. Both are must haves. Think of the possibilities! All of our favorite Ai scenes can now have kids in them. I created this card using the rock from the brand new 5055 WC Sitting Places set, and the little sailboat from the new set 5057 WC Boat Set. The grass is from 5007 WC Foliage Set 3.

Other supplies: Ranger Watercolor

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
My “By The Sea” card for today’s Watercolor Weekend features three new Art Impressions items – WC Little Boys Set, WC Boat Set and Circle Double Stitches Dies.

Stamp the little boy from Little Boys Set in Sepia onto watercolor paper. Mask him off with a post-it note and stamp the dock from the Boat Set in Sepia using your stamp positioner. Watercolor the Art Impressions way by pulling the color from lines with your brush and water. Using a combination of Manganese Blue and African Violet on your palette, brush in for water. Stamp the sailboat from the Boat Set in Sepia. Stamp in the grass from Foliage Set 3 in Sepia and Olive Green. Add dot detail to the tops of the grass using the fine tip of African Violet. Scribble Rosewood onto your palette and brush on for his skin then Sapphire onto his overalls. Add detail to his shirt by brushing on Persimmon. Brush on Sepia into his hair, leaving a highlight at the top/crown of his head and onto the dock. Add detail on the dock using the fine tip of Sepia. Finally, brush Salvia Blue into the sky for clouds. Cut the watercolor piece out using the third to the largest circle double stitch die, a blue mat in the second to the largest circle double stitch die and a folded over card base with the largest circle double stitch die (let the die hang over the folded edge just a bit, this will allow the card base to remain hinged once cut).


Other Products: Post-It Notes

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
First, I stamped the LOVE using the new San Serif letters stamps in Sepia. I pulled the color out of the lines. I added Steel Blue from my palette to each of the letters.

I stamped the small foliage from the Foliage Set 3 around the bottom on the L and around the top using the Olive Green. I also stamped the flower bunch from the Flower Set 3 inked in Iris Purple and Olive Green to the left of the L. I stamped the leaves from the Foliage Set 2 inked in Olive Green to the right of the O. I added the heart flowers from the Mini Flower Set in African Violet.

Next, I stamped the vine from Foliage set 3 around the V in Olive Green. I added a flower from the Flower Set one inked in Prussian Blue. Then I added another vine from the Foliage set 3 around the E and added flowers from the Mini Flower Set inked in Orange.

To finish up I added the flower bunch from the Flower Set 2 inked in Magenta and Olive green to the base of the word. To ground the letters I added some Sepia from my palette. I added water to all the flowers and foliage.

To finish up I cut the bookmark down and die cut the piece using the Tim Holtz tag dies cut a base of Gina K Designs Dark Chocolate card stock. I then cut the hole and added some lace.

I hope you will join us for Watercolor Weekend. These new stamps are so versatile and will be a great addition to your collection. Tag us with your projects on Instagram with #AIWatercolor.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!


Thank you for your projects, team! Comment below to let us know what you liked best about these projects! Are there certain new WC stamps you are especially looking forward to? We'd love to know!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow great cards, I have purchased some of the new release the rest I have to wait until I get some more money. Can not wait until the bible release, I want all of them. Awesome job with the new release AI, I love your company and stamps!!!

Dot J Freel said...

Totally agree with Colleen!