Saturday, November 3, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Thankful Fall Cards

Happy November, Ai Watercolor Fans! Today the team is here for the first weekend of the month with rustic fall projects, perfect for sending Thanksgiving greetings! Let's take a look! 

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I love November! I'm a Thanksgiving baby so it's always been a fun month for me. Thanksgiving is my husband Tad's favorite holiday, and we always enjoy cooking together for our family. I made this Thanksgiving card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend using the chair from the 4876 - Wooden Chair Mini Set, the pumpkin and the grass from the 5059 - WC Harvest Set, the bird from the 4966 - WC Bird Bath Set and a pot from the 4869 - WC Small Container Set. The flowers are from the 4963 - WC Fall Set. Let someone know you are thankful for them and wish them a happy Thanksgiving!

Other Supplies: Canson Watercolor Raper

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
Can you believe it? It’s already November! I thought it only fitting that my Watercolor Weekend project be filled with brilliant fall colors.

Stamp the small tree from WC Tree Set 1 in 45 Sepia. Next stamp the small leaves from WC Mini Flower Set in 13 Ochre, 15 Olive Green, 28 English Red and 88 Terra Cotta. Watercolor the Art Impressions way by pulling the color from the lines with water and a paint brush. Scribble a little 45 Sepia and 60 Salvia Blue onto your palette brushing in for the ground and sky.

Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 13 Ochre, 15 Olive Green, 28 English Red, 45 Sepia, 60 Salvia Blue, 88 Terra Cotta
Other Products: Spellbinders Lacey Squares Die

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
I started out using my positioner and the square box from the 4871 Rustic Container Set. I used Sepia and stacked the boxes in different orientations. I didn’t ink the wood slats completely in the middle of the box just inked up the outside. This way I could position my items into each box. I inked each of the items in Sepia and again using my positioner stamped them into each box. I added some Olive Green, Brilliant Yellow and Orange to the pumpkins (after I pulled the color out of the lines) and English Red and Olive Green for the apples both from the 5059 WC Harvest Set. I added some of the apples to a small container using some Sepia and a little Steel Blue. Once the objects were dry, I added some details inside the boxes with Sepia and Steel Blue. I masked off the right edge of the boxes and using the small flower from the Mini Flower Set, I stamped leaves randomly using Brilliant Yellow, Olive Green, Orange and English Red. I added some water and softened some of the leaves. 

To finish up, I added some Brilliant Yellow and Violet to the background and some Sepia below the tree and boxes to ground them.

I really love to try to stretch my stamps and use them for unique compositions!

Other Supplies: Classic Crest Cover Solar White 8-1/2x11 110lbScor-Pal Scor-Buddy Mini Scoring Board, 9 by 7.5-Inch, Gina K Designs Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- Edible EggplantConnect Glue- 2 ozGina K Designs Heavy Base Weight Card Stock – Sweet Mango

Thanks, team! These projects are bursting with beautiful oranges, yellows, and greens! We hope these projects inspire you to use your stamps for fall projects this month! If you do, be sure to tag us on social media with #aiwatercolor and #aistamps so we can see! Have a great weekend!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: