Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Watercolor Shed by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I am always excited when Bonnie comes out with a new line of Watercolor stamps.  I have a hard time trying to decide which one's to get first.  They're always so beautiful.  Once I decide on which stamps I want, I have to decide which image to stamp out first!  Such hard choices! LOL!  I decided on this shed.  I really love the dreamy feel of the image on the package.  I had to make my own little hideaway.
I started with a piece of 4 1/4" x 51/2" piece of Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor paper.  I placed three nested hexagon shapes centered onto the piece of paper and cut them out with my die cutting machine. I ended up with four pieces. I kept them all for my card.
I inked up the shed with 565-deep blue and 969-chocolate and stamped it out in the middle of my smallest hexagon. I then pulled out the lines with a small amount of water from my brush. I added some 493-reflex blue to my palette and added it to the open areas of the roof. I also added it around the sky making sure it was watered down. I added some 725-rhodamine red to my palette and added it to the open areas of the shed.  Next I added 228-Gray Green and 249-Hunters Green to both vines from the new Foliage Set 4 stamp set and stamped them around the roof. Then I added 636-deep blue to the flowers for the Flower Set 1 and stamped it in repeated clusters around the roof and added small amounts of water. I also added the little heart flower cluster from the Mini Flower Set.  I inked it up with the 636-imperial purple. I decorated the bottom of the shed with the tiny grass from the Foliage Set 1 and the grasses from the New Foliage set 4.  I inked them all up with the same two greens I previously used on the roof.  I added small amounts of water to the leaves and pulled the water up from the grass.  The last thing I did was dab some clear wink of stella over the flower images.
I stamped the greeting onto watercolor paper with Nocturne Versafine Claire Ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing ink.  Then I cut it with a flag from the Flag Double Stitched Dies. The watercolor pieced are added to a white, top folding A2 card.I added the image down flat.  I added the next frame with foam tape, but the one next to that one flat.  I mounted the outside frame on foam tape.  The greeting is added flat to the top layer.  I think that the different layers added interest to the card.


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Love the scene, you did a great job making a hide away. I would love to stay here.

Karen Day said...

These are lovely, Jil! I love the sheds - haven't had a chance to use them yet :o)