Friday, May 17, 2019

Ride the Wave | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

This week I'm playing with the NEW Loads of Fun set. I had to make this granny live her dream of surfing! There is a lot of crazy texture on this card and I'm loving the mix so much.


I first stamped and fussy cut the lady, trimming of her ironing board legs to make it a surf board. I used a lot of gray tones on her since she is facing away from the sun. Which, I think, threw my white balance on my camera off, into the cool tones. lol! One of my favorite ways to die cut waves is using a cloud border die but using the negative side, the side with the more pointy ridges. I used a cloud border die on some Tonic Luxury Embossed paper to get that effect.


The ink blending is made using masking tape to block off the middle section of a piece of Neenah solar white 110lb cardstock. I used my blending brushes for this, and also a wave stencil for the bottom area. This was trimmed down with a rectangle stitch die. For the slate cardstock, I used a larger rectangle stitch die to die cut first, then layered some Deco Foil Mettalix gel over it using the same wave stencil.


The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed using white embossing powder to the upper portion of the ink blending cardstock. Can you believe that I don't have a ampersand in any of my die sets! I was suprised!! Luckily, I have hung on to some Thickers, from years ago, and had a perfect one to use, made from white foam. 


Copic Markers Used:
W6, W3, W1, W0
E81, E34, E31
BV11, BV04, BV02, BV01, BV00
Y38, R83

Alright guys, that is it from me! Thank you for joining me today. Happy Stamping! 


No comments: