Saturday, October 5, 2019

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Endless Possibilities!

Hello, Ai Watercolor Fans! We are here to kick off your weekend with inspiration to break out your stamp collection and get inky! We have something for everyone today with three unique projects, let's take a look!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Have you seen the new stamp set from Art Impressions 5197 - WC Winter Kids Set? It is fabulous and my favorite from the new release! I made this card for the Watercolor Weekend and I'm sure I will be making many more in different ways and colors for Christmas. I inked both stamps the same way, in both 969 and 565, then I stamped it off on scratch paper first before I stamped it on my watercolor paper. I pulled the color out of the lines, then I watercolored everything. I used 757 on the snowman's hat band, gloves, scarf and the hat on the little girl and the sweater of the little boy. I used the fine tip to draw the strings on the girl's scarf. You would think I used black on the snowman's hat, boy's boots and little girl's pants but it was just the color of the 969 mixed with the 565 that came out of the 565 pen when I scribbled it on the palette. I used two greens on the clothes and scarves, 158 and 249. I used 757 and the #1 brush to paint the lines on the snowman's scarf. I used 969 on the little girl's boots and the branch arm of the snowman. I used 88 terra cotta for the carrot nose. I used 77 pastel peach on the little kids' faces and 67 bubble gum pink on their cheeks. I used African violet on the palette to paint the snow and sky and shadows on the snowman. I took my fine tipped Copic pen to darken the eyes, mouth and buttons of the snowman and to darken some of the lines of all the images, including the kids' eyelashes. I took my white Uni-ball Signo pen and added snow everywhere. I cut out my image and the background paper with the 5062 - Rounded Rectangle Dies. I typed and printed that sentiment (that you can't say without singing) on my computer and then cut it out using the 5134 - Banner Stitched Dies along with a smaller tag out of the background paper.


Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest
I am using two of the newest sets in the Art Impressions Watercolor line this week to create a couple of Southwestern scenes. I am just going to go through the steps to create my oval image today, and I began by cutting out the 5065 Double Stitched Oval Die from my Canson XL Watercolor paper. I chose the large flat-topped mountain image from 5198 WC Mountain Set, coloured it with my #969 Chocolate Tombow Dual Brush marker, and stamped it slightly right of center, in the top third of my oval. Since I wanted this to look like more of a ranch scene, I chose one of the buildings from 4962 WC Rustic Cabins Set. I coloured it in #565 Deep Blue, stamped it off, and coloured #969 over top of it before stamping onto my paper. With #177 Dark Jade, I coloured and stamped two of the cacti from 5196 WC Desert Set in the foreground, masking each one as I went along. Then I chose the fence from 4807 Old Barn Mini Set, and used my stamp positioner to place it where I wanted, stamping it in #969 over the masked cacti. I added the small rock image from the Desert Set in and around the cabin, fence and cacti, as well as the larger rock image from 4763 Southwest set, all in #969.

With all of my images in place, I used my damp #4 paintbrush to pull out the colour in the mountains, keeping the crevices darkest, and spreading the brown down the mountain. I did the same to the fence and rocks, spreading the brown pigment onto the ground, and creating shadows. For the cabin, I used #N57 Warm Grey 5 to add a weathered wood look to the walls, using my #1 paintbrush to also paint the suggestion of individual boards. I picked up #899 Redwood from my palette, and added a red/brown shade to the door and chimney. I pulled the green out of the cacti with my brush, keeping the top edges of them light or white as a highlighted area.

Now I scribbled some #565 Deep Blue onto my palette, using it to paint in the sky, add shadows to the mountain, cabin, fence and rocks, keeping in mind that the sun was setting on the right side of my image. I used the fine point of my #565 marker to add shadow lines directly to both cacti, and on a few other areas of my scene. I also used the fine point of #991 Light Ochre to draw small yellow lines on the top edges of the cacti, to add a sunny glow to the highlighted areas. Lastly, I picked up #636 Imperial Purple from my palette, adding touches of colour to the sky, mountains and shadows, which really helped the scenes from becoming too 'brown'. I matted my images on some warm brown cardstock, and adhered them to my patterned paper with pop dots.


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
WOW, can you believe it is already October!!! Fall is in the air. I love this time of year. Fall in New England is the best. I wanted to use some fall colors along with one of the new shoes. I decided to make a Vintage Flower card. I wanted it to be really soft and old looking so I used some 969 and some 636 for a soft purple color. 

Card Details

I started off by inking up the Vintage shoe from the New WC Shoe Set with 969 and 636. I stamped it off a couple of times and then stamped it in the middle of my watercolor paper. I pull the color out of the lines making sure to keep the shadowed area really dark. I added some additional color from my TwinTouch brown marker. I love it's fine tip. Using my palette, I added some additional 636 to some of the darker areas on the shoe.

I took the vine from the original foliage set and inked it up with 177. I added it to each side and around the top of the shoe. I used a damp brush and softened the leaves. I took the small flowers (shaped like hearts) from the Bible Flowers Set. In order to get a balanced look, I inked the flowers in 055, 856, and 925. I stamped them 3 times each around the shoe trying to maintain an oval type shape.

 

Thanks, team! With such different projects today, it's a fun reminder that the possibilities are endless with our watercolor stamps! Want to cling onto the heat of summer? Paint up a desert scene inspired by Karen's creations! Ready for winter? Why not build a snowman with Dot? Just want to enjoy the fall season we are in? Make an autumn floral arrangement like Tricia's shoe bouquet! We can't wait to see what stamp this weekend! Share your creations with #aistamps on Instagram and Facebook!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: