Friday, October 4, 2019

Happy Fright Night | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

Today I'm using some Tombow Markers to watercolor these shaky little critters from the Quivery Mini Shaker set. This set was made to use with the Action Wobbles and even includes a few to get you started on these fun interactive cards. It's October so I have to get in all those cute little Halloween cards before the month is up!


This set comes with the extra dies and stamps to create the bodies that are popped up from the Action Wobblers, which gives these critters extra dimension. I stamped all the critters and extras on to a piece of Ranger Watercolor paper using Versafine Clair ink. Then embossed with clear embossing powder.


For my coloring I used Tombow Markers, the colors I used are listed below. Coloring directly to the paper with the Tombow Marker, then blending out with a clean wet brush. I find it easiest to work quickly when using the markers directly to the watercolor paper, immediately blending out with the brush. Once I had the lightest colors down and all my areas were dry, I applied the darker colors the same way. Taking the marker directly to the paper and blending out with a clean brush. 

I fussy cut the three characters out and used the coordinating dies on the pig and duck. Also die cutting a piece of navy card stock using the largest oval from the Oval Double Stitched die. I ran that oval through my die cutting machine several more times with the little star die form the Tagged Double Stitch die set. Then added some white splatter to the top of the oval and a bit of ink blending on the bottom half using Peeled Paint Distress Oxide. It's just enough to add some color. 


After heat setting the distress oxide ink I used the "Happy Fright Night" sentiment and white heat embossed it. Adhering the oval to a Neenah Solar White 110lb card base and attaching the three animals on top. The Action Wobblers come with a release paper that you peel off. I attached the Action Wobblers to the back of the die cut bodies first, then peeled off the release paper on the other side and attached over the top of the large stamp image. Matching up the character shapes. 

The Quivery Mini Shaker stamp set also comes with a couple of extra small dies. These dies don't have coordinating stamp but there is two sizes of bats, a pumpkin and a ghost die. I also added some shimmer and sparkle to the stars with a Wink of Stella pen. Perfect for the current Art Impressions challenge #267 Make it Sparkle!

Tombow Markers Used:


947   026
925   933
055   991
969   173
098   133
062   679
636   620
743   723
493   451

Thank you so much for joining me today!
Happy Stamping!




1 comment:

Bunny said...

Their faces are priceless. Such a cute card. I wonder if that's what we looked like when we were allowed to go trick or treating many many many years ago. [Bunny]`