Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Gingerbread Cubbies card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

When my boys were young, they could hardly wait to bake and decorate their own gingerbread house each year.  They're both grown men, but coloring and putting together the Gingerbread Cubbies stamps really brought back some memories.  I just love the playful characters in this all inclusive stamp and die set.
I started by stamping the images onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink and colored them with my Copic markers.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post.
I then cut out all of the images using the matching dies from the set. I added silver glitter paper behind the doors and windows being sure not to glue them down because they are made to open. I stamped the greeting with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and cut it out with the Oval Double Stitched Die.
I cut several different layers from the Carte Bella Santa's Workshop 6" x 6" paper pad. I used the Oval Double Stitched Dies, the Banner Double Stitched Dies and the Rectangle Double Stitched Dies.  I layered them all onto and A2 card base before attaching the gingerbread house with foam tape.  I then added the gingerbread mean and women to the card. I added a black Sakura Glaze pen to the eyes of all of the gingerbread people. I decorated them with Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard.  I added Gloss Red Berry and Glossy Sugared Almond Crystal Drops to the wreath on the door.
Gingerbread - Y21, E31, E33, E35, E37
Icing - BV000, BV31, BV11
Windows - BV25
Blue - B32, B34, B26
Red - R22, R29, R59
Yellow, Y15, Y38, YR27
Green - G05, G07, G29

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Bunny said...

This card is so cute I could eat it up. I love this set. [Bunny]`

creatingincolors said...

Absolutely adorable! :-)