Thursday, April 2, 2020

Bible Journaling Release Pt 2 + Challencge #279 Bloom Where You're Planted Week #2


Hello, Ai Fans!


Greetings from Oregon, where we at Art Impressions are so grateful for each and every one of you who has supported our business in recent weeks. 

We are still going strong, and had a blast hosting our Spring Cleaning Sale last weekend! 

In case you missed it, we are still offering 20% off of all of our 2020 New Releases!!!

 

This means ALL of our new releases are now available on our website, including our newest in the Bible Journaling Series! 


Ready to get started? Take a look at what you'll need to try our Bible Journaling!



For some inspiration with our newest Bible Journaling sets, 
welcome our Watercolor Design Team with their latest beauties!!!

Karen

Hello Ai fans!  
Today's project changed as I painted.  I am using the 5272 Blossom Border Set, and had intended to paint it down one side of my rectangle, and then do a large sentiment quote beside it - but somehow, I thought a cottage would work, and ended up painting an entire scene!


 I cut the largest 5063 Double Stitched Rectangle die from Canson XL Watercolor paper, and then set up my Blossom Border in my Misti.  This made it easy for me to colour each section of my image - so I started with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker in #533 Peacock on all of the buds and flowers.  After stamping I could easily see areas I'd missed, or wanted darker, and stamped them a second time.  
Next I used #249 Hunter Green to colour the leaves in the same method.  Using my damp #1 paintbrush (the smallest brush was the best choice for such small areas), I pulled out the colour from all the sections.  I scribbled some #126 Light Olive onto my palette, and added it to the leaves to brighten them up a little, and darkened the flowers with a little #565 Deep Blue.  I pulled out the colours to paint a soft halo around the floral border - and this is when my scene idea started to stick in my mind!


 I coloured the cottage from 4958 - WC Cottages Set in #565, stamped it onto my Stamp Positioner, and then reinked it with #969 Chocolate - stamping it with the help of my positioner.  After softening the lines and pulling out the colour, I used #565 on the large mountains from 5198 - WC Mountain Set, again with my positioner.  Using colours on my palette mixed together, I painted in the suggestion of far-off hills, and used #177 Dark Jade to paint the lawn around the cottage. 
 I used the small rocks from 5128 - As The Deer Set with #N65 Cool Grey 5 to define the edge of the stream, and used the small grass from 5073 - Bible Foliage Set and #177 adding grass to my scene.  Picking up #565 off of my palette, I painted the door, added shadows to the cottage, and the suggestion of the stream.  A little #969 was used on the roof, and to create a dirt path.


I mounted it to my kraft card base after matting with a soft blue, and added the sentiment from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2.

Dot




Hello,

Have you seen the beautiful, new Bible Journaling release from Art Impressions? So many great stamps and dies you can use in your bibles or on cards. 
I made this card by first stamping the frame from the 5203 - Ornate Frames Set inked in 228. I inked the flowers from the new 5273 - Poppy Border Set after inking the greenery in 228 and the flowers in 885. I pulled the color out of the lines, then I added more color to the foliage in a mix of colors from the palette, 173, 177, and 249. 

I colored the frame in with 228 on the palette. I added more orange 905 and red 885 from the palette to the flowers. I used the fine tip of the 993 pen to the centers of the flowers, then I used a black extra fine point pen to add the stamens. I used blue 526 on the palette to color around everything and inside the frame. 

I stamped the sentiments from the 5228 - SBC Exclusive Daisies Set in Versa Fine black ink.  I fussy cut it out with scissors and used foam to adhere it to my background pieces cut out with the Rectangle Rounded Corner A2 Dies and a die from the Oval Die Set.

Thank you for checking out my blog!  You can find more of my cards on my Instagram account here

Have you entered our newest challenge?!



We are in week 2 of "Bloom Where You're Planted", and this week we want to see some fun with florals!!! Art imitates life, and as blossoms are budding, fruit is flowering, and plants are popping up, let's see what that inspires!

To keep those creative vibes going, here is some inspiration from our design team!


Renee used the Exclusive Cherry Set from Scrapbook.com to make a card that's as sweet as pie!





Niccole's card is a beautiful example of decadent shading and our Succulent Set



Jessica was our featured designer last week with this card that is good enough to eat. 
She used the Exclusive Cherry Set to make this creation shine!




It doesn't take "long" to fall in love with Sharon's Giraffe Grad using the Graduation Set.


Jil used the Exclusive Daisy Set from Scrapbook.com for a dainty beauty of a card!





Tricia used our Greenery Invites for a simply but breathtaking wreath. So lovely!




Carol made a light and lovely watercolor card using our newest Large Cabins Set and Watercolor Sentiments 2!




We want to see how you create cards with a floral theme or accent! Though you can use any stamps you have, we'd love to see any Art Impressions products in your collection! Hurry, challenge closes April 8th at 5PM PT!


Here are the Challenge Rules...
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

NEW VIDEO!!!



Watch Bonnie use our NEW Large Birdhouse Set and NEW Flower Set 4! There are only four stamps sets used in this project, perfect for creating a quick composition to send to someone you are thinking about. Enjoy!

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

KathyA. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.