Friday, April 3, 2020

Exclusive Roses Window Card | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

It's Jessica today and I have a rose window card to share with you. These Scrapbook.com exclusives are gorgeous and the rose one especially. I love all the detail, I knew these roses would look good colored or embossed so I had to try both. 


I'm using the Hexagon Double Stitch die set. This shape is a lot of fun to work with. I die cut one of the larger dies on to the front of my card. I'm using a Neenah 110lb card base. I one of the large rose images and heat embossed in two corners, using copper embossing powder. Having some fun with a teal and copper color combination. 

The light gray texture is done by using gray dye ink and a hexagon stencil. Also, I shaded in the roses with a W3 Copic Marker. I never recommend coloring your images with alcohol markers when it has been powder embossed. I'm pretty sure I have ruined more Copic tips. 


Using black ink I stamped the wreath image on to Neenah 80lb card stock. And color in with Copic Markers. The list of colors I used is listed below. After heat embossing the sentiment into the center of the wreath, I fussy cut it out and adhered to the inside center. I do like to add something else to the inside with window cards. I like the idea of having a little surprise. For this card, I die cut two smaller hexagons and add an embossed sentiment and small rose image to them. Those are adhered to just out of sight through the window of the card. Embossing these images in a metallic powder is pretty magical. 



Copic Marker list
BG18, BG15, BG11
YG67, YG03
W3

Color inspiration.


Thanks for stopping by today and happy stamping!

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Your cards are always amazing Jessica! Love the design!