Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Poppy Watercolor Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I used the Poppy Border Set to make two cards.  I love how the stamps are the same, but the cards have a completely different look. These cards were really fast to create.  I really love the new flowers from the Bible Journaling Collection.

I started by attaching the Poppy image to the door of my stamping platform.  I used the 098 Avocado marker to add color to the leaves and stamped them.  I then added color to the flowers with the 885 Warm Red marker before I stamped them. I was able to ink them up the stamp in two stages using my stamping platform.  You could do it all at once and used a stamp block.  I turned the paper in my platform and stamped the image another time using the same method. I then used my damp brush to soften the lines of the images.  I added more color to it using markers scribbled onto my stamp palette and painting it on with my brush.  I added 177 Dark Jade to the leaves and more 885 Warm Red to the flowers.  Once it was all dry, I used the N25 Lamp Black marker to add color to the center of the flowers.  Then I added 528 Navy Blue marker as a background. The last thing I did was stamp the greeting from the SBC Exclusive Hydrangea set using the 885 Warm Red. 
I did the second card the same was and stopped at just one flower.  I pulled the color from around the stamped edges using a damp brush.  Both images are cut out using the Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies.

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: