Friday, November 13, 2020

2 More Ways to Use the Snowman GCH | By Jessica Shier

 Hello Ai fans!

Happy Friday! This week I felt like playing with a few ideas for using the new Gift Card Holders. I enjoy when stamps and dies can be used in multiple ways. I thought making one of the Gift Card Holders an ornament would be fun. How cute would this look hanging on the tree? I also created a card using the Snowman GCH and the Circle Double Stitch die set. 

Snowman GCH Ornament

Using the Envelope GCH die and pattern paper I created the base. I chose a dark blue pattern paper. I'll be using several different textures, including the pattern paper and colored card stock. For the body of the snowman I used white craft foam. I also used a bright pink craft foam for the hat border. The sticks and scarf are such a fun accessory. I used felt for those. The cheeks, eyes, carrot, mouth and buttons are all die cut with colored card stock. To make this a ornament I used Baker's Twine and sandwiched that between two of the oval die cut shapes. This would be easy to die cut a bunch of pieces and put together a bunch in a sitting. 

Snowman GCH Card

This card was really easy to put together. Not as easy as the GCH but still easy enough to create multiples at a time.  I started with the background using several Distress Oxide inks on a piece of Bristol Smooth card stock. I masked off the bottom quarter with a piece of masking tape to keep that area white. The ink I used are listed below. I used a two different sizes of circles from the Circle Double Stitch die set. Those are cut from Neenah Solar white 110lb card stock. 

I used the same felt for the scarf and sticks, and also the same card stock from the Snowman GCH. Before adhering the circles to the background I blended a light gray ink around the edges, very lightly. I also stamped the sentiment from the Penguin Cheer set that reads "Merry Christmas to you and yours." This is stamped with a medium gray ink. I had an extra bird from this project using the Snowman Pop-up set, so I added that to one of the snowman stick arms. 

I hope you try out some fun materials and make a snowman or use one of the other GCH sets.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Happy Stamping!



2 comments:

Andre M. said...

These designs are just darling!

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬