Saturday, August 7, 2021

Watercolor Weekend Roundup! 8-7-2021

 Hello Ai fans!

It's another Watercolor Weekend Roundup!
We have 3 amazing and very different creations from our WC Design Team.
Don't you love how different their styles and creations are?



Welcome Back! Thanks for spending some creative time with us I used the Peeking Animals set and a few other stamps to create these cute gift card tops. I wrote in the sentiments, so again they can be used for any occasion. The Paintings I started off by masking the 2x2 square on my watercolor paper. I actually used 1 piece of 4.5 x 6 for both paintings (I cut them apart after I painted them). Using the Owl from the Peeking Animals set, I inked him up with 969, stamped it off and then stamped him in the bottom right corner. I wiped the bottom of the stamp off so I could tuck the leaves from the tree around him. I added water and pulled the color out of the lines. For a darker Owl, I also added some color from my palette making sure that I kept the highlights. I masked him off and stamped in a couple of branches, I am not sure which I used but any that you have will work, they will be covered with leaves so it's really not a big deal. For the leaves, I used the vine from the Original Flower set inked with 177. I stamped it al around the owl up to the right and bottom to create a border for when you pull off the tape. Before I added the water, I pulled the mask off of the Owl and added some additional leaves around the bottom of him. I softened the lines with water, making sure to dab at the leaves, leaving some untouched. To finish up, I added some 565 to the white areas, keeping the left and top next to the tape really dark. Sign and date! For the squirrel, I stamped the squirrel, masked him off and then stamped the stump, both inked with 969 and pulled the color out of the lines. Make sure you darken in the eye (same with owl LOL) using your twintone. Next, I added some additional color to the squirrel and stump using my palette. I used a small piece of post-it tape to cover the stump and stamped in a branch and added some leaves. The leaves are from the new Mini Foliage set. I also covered the squirrel and added some leaves above him along the tape. After I removed the mask from the squirrel, I inked the mini flower bunch from the mini flowers set inked with 177 and 925 next to the squirrel. Using water, I softened everything and again added some color to the sky. Again, sign & date. Tag us on Instagram and use the #AIWatercolor tag so we can see all of your creative ideas. Thank you so much for spending your precious time with us and keep creating! SUPPLIES:   
                    DOT                        
Hello,

I saw something similar to this on Pinterest so I used my Ai stamps to recreate it. I LOVE owls and pumpkins so I'm pretty happy with it. If you would like to try this, stamp the pumpkin in the center from the 5426 Veggies set inked in Tombow 969 then make a mask and cover it. Next stamp the other pumpkin from that same stamp set on one side, and the pumpkin from the 5059 Harvest Set on the other side. Before removing the mask, using a stamp positioner stamp the barrel from the same set above the middle pumpkin inked in both 565 and 969. Stamp the owl from the 5425 Peeking Animals Set using 969 and a stamp positioner. Use a circle mask to cover where the moon is, then use a brush and a brown ink, fill in the background. I used a little N45 for the moon's shadows. Drip some water on the background, dry it with a paper towel and it will look like a few stars are out. Pull the color out of the lines and then watercolor the owl with N45, 969 and then color the eyes and beak with 026 - the coolest yellow ever! Definitely my favorite. When you add water to it - it's amazing! I used that same yellow on the grass from the 5059 Harvest set. I used that same yellow and the 969 for the flowers from the 4963 Fall Set and the branch is inked in 969 from the 4964 Branches set. I used the Tombow Twin Tone in brown on the stems of the pumpkins and the pumpkins were colored with 946 and 947. I used 969 and N45 on the barrel. I also used the N45 for the shadows under the pumpkins.  The little boo brad I had but I've no idea where I got it. I used the 5063 and 5065 Dies to cut out my papers. I always hope you try it and tag me. I love inspiring others as so many have inspired me. 

Ai_Dot_DT.png
Supplies used:
a439c217-65a8-4f9b-b2a8-cfbf29ffc34f.jpg

 Hello Ai Watercolour fans!
I am using three of the new Bible Journaling stamp sets in today's card!
I began by planning out my image.  The clear stamps make it so easy to place the stamp sets overtop of each other, and I could easily choose which sentiment would fit inside the different frames.  I stamped everything out on scrap paper to make sure that I had my foliage placed correctly, and that my colours worked well together.  I added a light wash of #346 to the upper right and lower left areas of the image, and then coloured the larger oval from 5420 - Frameworks Set 1 in #N55 Cool Grey 7, leaving the bottom area uncoloured where my foliage would be, and stamped it on a slight angle.  With Versafine Onyx Black Ink, I stamped my sentiment from 5417 - Frameworks Sentiments Set.  With four stamps from 5418 - Bible Foliage Set 2, I stamped them in #126 Light Olive, #249 Hunter Green and #346 Sea Green, leaving an open area for the flowers.  Using Flower Set - 4052, I stamped the Leaves image in #533 Peacock Blue several times, and then used the Mini Foxglove in #565 Deep Blue to create the trailing flowers at the bottom.  To finish off, I used the trio of roses from 5258 - WC Flower Set 4 in #676 Royal Purple.
I touched everything with a damp brush, but was careful not to lose any of the definition of the images.  I used the 5134 - Banner Double Stitched Dies to cut out my shape, and glued it down to my base.  With my sewing machine, I added a wide row of zigzag stitching across the top in the same colour of thread as the roses.  A few enamel dots finished off my card.


From Tricia's fun gift card holders that she matched the sentiments to her paintings perfectly, to Dot's elegant Autumn owl card and Karen's lovely Bible Journaling card...They're all amazing!
Thank for for the inspiration.

No comments: