Tuesday, January 18, 2022

A Card for a Boy - I Like the Way You Roll by Janet


Hi Ai fans! Today I'm rolling with our current challenge, Get In Shape. This has been a great stretch challenge for me since my normal go-to card shape is an A2 and sometimes a 5 x 7 card. I was looking at my collection with fresh eyes and realized that the Cubbie line all include the most fun stamped shapes. Why not make a shaped card base to fit the fun cubbie stamp image? The result is an adorable little card with a ton of personality. Plus, we all know how hard masculine cards can be and this one would be right up a boy's alley! What a fun card to give to a child or friend who needs a little encouragement or has recently done something great. 

To make this, I started by stamping the cubbie image and hamsters from 5099 - Hamster Wheel Cubbies on alchohol ink friendly paper with Memento Black Tuxedo. Then I colored it with Copic Sketch markers. The image makes up pretty quickly and would be totally fun to do in pencils or water color. I cut all the pieces including the hamster house with the included dies. So easy! I glued the hamsters inside and under the house before I glued it to gray metallic cardstock. Then I hand drew a wide border around the house and fussy cut it to create the completed card front.

The back of the card was made by tracing the front and cutting it out. I put a score line 1/2" from the top of it and folded. A hinge mechanism is created by using a little glue above the score line to attach the front and back together. Last, I stamped the sentiment, "I like the way your roll!" with the included stamp in the set. Oh, my goodness! Cuteness overload!! You can find all the sets in the Cubbie line by visiting the store here. With 15 different themes, you're sure to find just what you're looking for.

Copic Markers Used:
E50, E53, E57
E31, E35, E37
E29, E25, E2e, E21
G000, G21, G24, G28
R20, R24, R27, R30
Y13, Y15, Y17, E15

Thanks for stopping in today. Don't forget to enter the challenge. You have a couple days left to win some swag of your choice before our next challenge begins on Thursday. Just click on the challenge graphic below to be taken to the post where you can link up. 

  


Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments: