Saturday, January 22, 2022

Watercolor Weekend Roundup 1-22-2022

 Hello Art Impressions watercolor fans!!

It's time for our Watercolor Weekend Roundup!

Today we have a super sweet lamb card from Dot,  a beautiful teapot card from Karen and a wonderful 4 seasons card from Tricia!  



First up this weekend, we have Dot!

Hello!

Have you seen the new Bible Journaling set 5464 Bible Icons Set 2? It's really awesome and the lamb is from that set. There is even another lamb facing the other way included. This is the first time that I used it and I also wanted to use the new 5474 Flower Set 5 which has that cool vine like flower. The tulips are from the new 5475 Flower Set 6. These are great sets that I highly recommend. I thought this would make a great welcome baby card, too. If it was twins, you could use both lambs! So if you would like to make it, stamp the lamb inked in Tombow N35 and then make a mask to cover the lamb.



 Stamp the pot from the 4870 Ornate Container Set inked in N35. Stamp the tulips around the lamb inked in 177, 772, 885 and 528. The flowers in the ornate container are inked in the same colors. Add three lines to your container using the 772. Stamp the grass from the 4051 Foliage Set 1inked in 177. Use 528 for the sky. Color the lamb with N35. Be sure to use a fine tip pen to darken his eyes and nose. I used two of the 5061 Square Dies taped together to make the frame and then used the largest of the 5062 Double Stitched Die Set for the pink background paper. The tag is from the Tag Die Set. 

/p>

 Hello Ai Watercolor fans!  

Oh, how I love this stamp image!  So many possibilities... and it's a great stamp to 'chop up' and only colour up a few of the teapots.  This is 5468 - Foundations Teapots:

I began by putting the stamp into my Misti, as that's the best way to get an even, clear image with such a long stamp.  I coloured it up with my Tombow Brush Markers #969/565 and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolor paper.  After pulling out the colour with my damp #4 paintbrush, I used a palette of these colours to paint in my teapots: 076 Green Ochre, 312 Holly Green, 373 Sea Blue, 027 Dark Ochre and 228 Gray Green.  I added stripes and dots to a couple of them, but kept the rest fairly simple, concentrating the colour on the outer edges and leaving the middles lighter to indicate that they're all round.  For the fillers I've used 5475 - Flower Set 6, 5472 Christmas Wreath and 5476 Foliage Set 5 - adding in #679 Dark Plum to my colour palette.  I touched the foliage sparingly with my brush, and added some shadows in and around the pots with #565.

I created my frame by taping together the two largest dies in the 5463 - Slimline Dies Set, cutting out three of them and stacking them to create a raised frame.  The painted image was cut with the next smallest die, and attached to my card base with some 3D foam adhesive.

Wow, it's been a cold January so far. This watercolor weekend I thought I would do something a little different. I created this block style setup to do some water coloring on. I didn't realize I had done a seasonal block look. This was such a quick project, I made a ton of them.




 Step 1: The Blocks I painted 4 blocks using my Mungyo watercolors. I just freehanded them letting them be imperfect. Let them dry completely. You can use your watercolor markers to make the blocks. I found that doing a wet in wet technique works best. Step 2: Adding Foliage Once the blocks are dry you can stamp onto each block. I didn't realize until I finished that is was more of a Seasonal Block theme which was unintentional. For the Summer Block, I started by stamping the palm trees inked with 969 and 249. I added a small amount of water to the palms and pulled a little color out of the bottom to ground the trees. For the Autumn Block, I inked the small trees from the Church set and stamped it twice. Next I inked the small foliage with the 969 and stamped it several times, leaving some of the trees showing. I added water to soften the leaves. For the Winter Block, I inked the pine tree from the Tree Set with 177 and stamped it into the middle of the blue/purple block. I added a small amount of water to the branches and to the ground beneath the tree. Lastly, for the Spring Block, I dropped some clean water onto the block and let it sit for a minute. I took a paper towel and lifted some of the color to create a cool pattern. This allowed for some lighter values so my stamping would stand out. Again, I stamped the small tree from the Church set inked with 969. I added 725 to my leaves and stamped it several times around the trees. I added water to soften the leaves. And of course, I signed and dated my work. I have more examples on my blog…Come check it out! Thank you so much for stopping by and I can’t wait to see what you create!!

 SUPPLIES:

Today is Saturday, so many of you are probably off from work.  Take the inspiration these fabulous artists have offered, and get creating!  When you share on social media, be sure to #artimpressions, so we can see your beautiful work! 

Happy Crafting everyone! 

No comments: