Saturday, October 22, 2022

Welcome to Your New Home by Janet

 

Ever wonder how to do more things with your stamps than make cards? I do too. This gift bag was a result of me scratching my head to make something special to put some baked goods in for a new neighbor. I was looking through my stamps and came across the 5090 Front Porch Circlet Mini Tryfold Set. This is designed so you can create a tri-fold card but I thought I could trim the pieces on each stamp and layer them with foam tape to get a 3D look. After coloring with my markers I used a 5064 Circle Double Stitched die to cut out the main image with the sentiment around it. I used the next two larger circle dies to cut a red and a white mat to make the image a bit larger for the bag. 

To make a cheerful welcome tag for the bag, I used the largest tag die from the 5543 Journal Template Die Set and three images from 5490 Front Porch Farm House Set. I love the 3D appearance of the Circlet stamped images. It looks like you can walk right in! 

I also decorated the bag by adding strips of various colors and patterns. It's a really easy way to customize a plain gift bag. It's quick and effective and adds to the homemade charm. Finally, I added an embroidery thread bow and accented it with a red and white jewel. 

Thanks for stopping by today for a little creative fun. Be sure to visit the Ai Store for lots of additional inspiration.

Wishing you a very crafty day!

Janet Facebook Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest   

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Love this Janet! What a perfect way to decorate a gift bag!