Saturday, December 10, 2022

May Hope, Joy, and Love Fill Your Heart by Janet

 

Hello everyone! I'm taking a quick break from holiday cards for a moment with a watercolor card this weekend. One of the things I love about Ai is that they have many images that address faith. My Pastor turned in her resignation recently and I wanted to make something special that would reflect our connection together in faith as a parting gift. I chose to use the beautiful M3191 Chapel Window To The World stamp. 

To make the card, I folded an 5 1/2" x 11" piece in even thirds. Then I cut a window in the top layer only with a 5061 Square Double Stitched die. This created a pretty window with stitching around the outside of it. The second fold shows through and provides a place for a stamped image to be attached behind the square window. I used a border die from the Journal Template Die Set to cut two borders for the top and bottom of the card. I applied these with Art Glitter Glue. I used a strip of fancy jewel and pearl bling at the top for an additional border.

Next, I stamped and water colored the chapel image on watercolor paper and painted it using Tombow Dual Brush markers and a #1 & #4 paint brush. After completion, I secured it behind the window with adhesive and wrote a personal message inside. You might wonder why I would use red on the church door. In the Lutheran faith, the entry door is traditionally red. Being able to add that little touch for my Pastor is a good example of how card makers can personalize their work for a meaning that would be hard to achieve commercially.  

My card conveyed the perfect message and I'm thankful for this design from Ai. Check out all the Windows to the World stamp sets to find the perfect message you want to convey.

  Thanks for stopping by today for a little creative fun. Be sure to visit the Ai Store for lots of additional inspiration and don't forget to get this fabulous stamp set before it's too late!

Wishing you a very crafty day!

Janet Facebook Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest 

No comments: