Saturday, March 25, 2023

Easter Parade by Janet

I have had an absolute blast making Easter and spring cards this year! For the first time, we have Ai papers that add so much to the fun. If you haven't tried them yet, I really recommend them. I don't know about you, but I've often struggled with 6 x 6 pads because the patterns are too big since the manufacturer is just cutting down patterns made for 12 x 12 pads. Not the case with Ai papers. The patterns are sized perfectly for card making.  

Today, my card features 5504 Happy Spring Set and the 5742 Easter Journal Paper Pack. I colored and cut out two of the images from the stamp set and then I set about cutting papers from the pad to create a road scene that this little parade could be staged on. It was very simple to do and I love how it turned out. I used cloud dies from my collection and stamped a sentiment from the stamp set on one of them. I placed the images on foam tape to add a bit more dimension. A tip I will offer is that when you are using many strips like this together, glue them on a white piece the size that you want the panel to be. Then trim off excess on the edges. This assures all the strips are exactly the same length before you put the panel on your card and that it's neat and tidy. 

I really love how this turned out. The expressions on the bunny and chick is so precious! This is a must have for the Easter season.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store soon for all your card making needs.

Wishing you a very crafty day!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Adorable! xoxo

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely adorable, Janet! Love the papers and colors you used!!