Saturday, May 13, 2023

Hello Beautiful! by Janet



Have you seen the beautiful new Freebie Stamps yet? There are six different birds which can be earned with purchases. I love them all but I'm especially fond of humming birds, so I just had to use it to make a card. 

This card style gives the illusion of paper piecing but it's actually just a single sheet of paper with strips of cardstock radiating from each angle of the 5135 Hexagon Double Stitched Dies. The patterned paper is from 5742 Easter Journal Paper Pad. I stamped the bird on alcohol friendly paper and then cut it out with a hexagon die. I cut a slightly larger hexagon to mount the bird piece on. I stamped and die cut another bird image for use as a mask. After covering the image, I used a cloud die and oxide ink to create the sky background. When the mask is removed, the final pretty scene is revealed.


Once the hexagons were mounted, I cut strips of dark paper cardstock and glued them to the card following the angle of the center hexagon. This creates a pieced paper look when it's actually a solid patterned piece of cardstock. It's a clever illusion and very effective.

I stamped the sentiment from 5734 Friend Sentiment Set on purple cardstock and cut it out using a die in the 5543 Journal Template Die Set. I also cut out the bow from the same set. Then I added a few dark purple gems to finish the card. 

COPIC MARKERS USE:
R85,R83, R81
G99, YG63, G24, YG25, YG23
BG11, 0

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store soon for all your card making needs. While you're there, make sure you check out all the freebie bird stamps available.

Wishing you a very crafty day!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

3 comments:

Deb H. said...

A wonderful card. I love the hummingbird stamp.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Super cool, Janet. I don't know the official name of that technique, but I'm calling it Hexagon Retiform Strips! XOX

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh wow, Janet! This is beautiful! I love how you created this and it highlights the hummingbird so perfectly!! Gorgeous card!!