Sunday, July 16, 2023

Pet Sympathy by Reneé Matarese

 Hello Ai fans!

Today I'm sharing a pet sympathy card that my friend Jess requested. One of her other friends just lost their Corgi named Rocket.

I immediately thought of the M4584 – Day Spent Window from Art Impressions.



I know so many people say that the animal crosses the "Rainbow Bridge" when they pass so I wanted to have a rainbow on the card. I used 5725 – Nested Square Dies5463 – Slimline Dies Set for the banner,  Bleed Proof White to add some fur texture to the Corgi, 5543 – Journal Template Die Set for the heart and 5562 – Journal Letter Die Set for ROCKET.



A student at school gave me this card with some sweet gifts.  I hate to recycle something that I can reuse.  I decided to pull the cloud and rainbow off and repurpose them for the card. Imagine my surprise when there turned out to be two rainbows!  I made two cards to give her a choice.



I die cut a cloud that I have to cover over the text that I didn't need.



I went to Google and tried to find a Corgi to copy.  I found this photo and on the orange trimmed card I masked off the ear and tried to draw an ear to look like his.  I hope this somewhat resembles what the real Rocket looked like.




I cut off the sentiment because I just wasn't sure.  It's a BEAUTIFUL verse but talks about spending the day together.  Since they can no longer do that I wasn't sure if that would be painful for them.  Better safe than sorry.  I'll save using the stamp and verse for when a friend gets a new dog.


3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

I'm so very sorry for your friend's loss, Renee! But the cards you made for her are amazing! GREAT job on changing the ear on the one! It look so much like the picture you found. She is going to LOVE it! Great job repurposing that (guess I should say those) rainbows! Your cards are perfection!

Deb H. said...

I am so sorry for your friend’s loss of her be-loved furry family member. Your card is wonderful. The rainbow symbolizing the rainbow bridge where Rocket wil be waiting to great her. A nice reminder that Rocket will be with her in the future. You did a wonderful job of re-creating Rocket on the card.

Nina said...

Amazing Card Renee, you are so thoughtful and went an extra mile to cheer your friend, love all the masking off the ear and searching online for a picture, great effort! :)))