Saturday, October 7, 2023

Ho Ho Ho! It's a Santa Gnome! by Janet



Happy Saturday Ai Fans! I'm thrilled to be here sharing a Christmas card with brand new products. It's always fun to see what Bonnie and her elves comes up with each fall and this year is certainly no exception. 

The jolly elf in this card comes from 5785 Gnomes Set. He's not necessarily a Santa but I colored him to appear to be wearing his red suit with just a peak of his black belt at his waistline (look closely). His Ho Ho Ho words of cheer comes from last year's 5566 Christmas Sentiments Set. The fantastic snowflake frame is from 5782 Snowflake Frame Die. 

To make this, I stamped and colored the Santa gnome. This set includes dies so I cut him out and put foam tape on his back so he could stand out a bit from the rest of the card. I cut the snowflake frame out of blue metallic cardstock and removed the center piece. Then I blended a white piece of cardstock with Distress Oxide inks in Pickled Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, and Black Soot before also cutting it out with the snowflake frame. The center of this cut was pieced into the middle of the metallic blue die cut. I stamped Ho Ho Ho! and glued the panel onto a larger tree patterned cardstock. Then I arranged all the pieces on a blue top fold A2 card base.  

the Snowflake Frame set comes with several miniature and small snowflakes. I cut them out of cardstock and arranged them in the ink blended area of the card. I put clear gems in the center of them to add a bit of shine. I think this turned out nicely. The Snowflake Frame can be used in many different ways. This is just the first card I've made but more are coming!

Thanks for stopping by today. I invite you to stop by the store to see all the new releases for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a wonderful weekend!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 


1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

How cute is this!! I love your Santa Gnome card, Janet! Adorable!