Saturday, November 18, 2023

Chubby Snowman Paper Piecing by Janet

 


Happy Saturday Ai Fans. One of the newest sets at the store is a stamp and die set I'm featuring on today's card. It's called 5803 - Snowman Puppet Set. It comes with stamps and matching dies. You can use the dies and stamps separately or together. Either way, it's very easy to use some of the great paper packs for the holidays that are available to paper piece this jolly and chubby snowman. I used cheerful paper patterns from 5853 - Christmas Magic PP. The Joy sentiment is from 5566 - Christmas Sentiments Set.

I enjoy paper piecing. In fact, it's what got me started in card making years ago. I was always a scrap booker and I had plenty of paper scraps laying around that I didn't have a use for but couldn't toss. One day, I was browsing books in a store and came across a paper piecing instruction book. It was full of patterns and designs to make cute little scrapbook figures, very much like this chubby snowman. Fast forward to today and now I can cut cute paper figures conveniently with dies. The stamps included add more detail and are super cute!

This set allows you to build the snowman you prefer. There are different hat and neck options and a bird and candy cane shape for additional embellishment. I stamped every piece except the candy cane before cutting them out. I cut an extra pocket and pieced it to the jacket. I colored parts of the snowman and the bird with Copic markers. Then I pieced it all together to create this adorable little guy. I used some white shimmer paper for the snowman. You can see that shimmer in the photo below. He looks very frosty in person! I added white drops on his hat brim and pompom for more texture. Clear glitter drops were used as accents on his tie and jacket pocket and silver metallic drops were used for his buttons too. A holly brad from Eyelet Outlet adds a bit of decoration to the hat.


I think this little 'fella turned out really cute! There are so many combinations you can make with this set. It's the perfect size for a card, cheerful tag, or as a puppet mounted on popsicle sticks. They'd be adorable peaking out of a potted plant or a holiday floral arrangement. As usual, you are only limited by your imagination!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. 


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest  

3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely love this, Janet!! How can you not have a humungous smile on your face looking at this! Fantastic!!

Deb H. said...

A very cute card. An excellent way to use my scraps of paper. Thank you for reminding me of this technique. I really need to create my self a flip through file of different techniques and ways to use my stamping supplies.

SugarShine Designs said...

Thanks Deb and Sharon! Happy Thanksgiving to you both. - Janet