Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Baby Girl Slim Journal! by Reneé Matarese

 Hello everyone and welcome to my first SLIM journal creation.

This journal is exactly like the original journal except that you only need to put two
pages in it. In fact, I only used one page making it even simpler because I added popped
up bows and I didn't want them to get squished.



The pretty heart clasp comes with the Slim Journal.



My journal is a little keepsake for a baby girls first tooth lost and first hair cut.
I used 5811 – Gift Card Pocket Dies to create each of the pockets. which fit perfectly onto the 5768 – Decorative Journal Page Set 1 frame I used behind them.


For the tooth, I cut a smaller pocket using a die from the 5805 – Mini Journal Box Dies and then added the little envelope from 5543 – Journal Template Die Set. I used the bow and rectangle from 5811 – Gift Card Pocket Dies.

The letters were cut from 5562 – Journal Letter Die Set.
This sweet baby girl is from 5185 – Baby Girl Set

The pocket for the lock of hair is the same as the tooth pocket except that I didn't use the small envelope inside. I used a heart from 5543 – Journal Template Die Set.



My journal also can be used as inspiration for our current Pop It Up! challenge on the Art Impressions blog.  My bows are popped up as well as my baby girl being popped up on foam dots. You might win a free stamp set if you enter!


I used 5809 – Decorative Journal Page Set 2 to create the border on my center page.
That's the great thing about these journals. Almost everything is compatible.



5 comments:

Lisa Ja said...

Very sweet!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how adorable is this keepsake!! I love that you only added one page! Thank you so much for the amazing inspiration!

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Super cute project! I love the patterns and the sweet stamp you used. -Tasha

Deb H. said...

A wonderful Idea for a shower gift.

Diane Mason said...

Adorable idea for a slim journal, such a lovely keepsake! 🩷