Saturday, April 13, 2024

Birthday Fishes by Janet

It's a birthday of fishes for a guy who likes to spend lazy days trying to get the big one. Masculine cards can often be more difficult for card makers. Art Impressions has a good selection of male hobby stamp sets. The images from this set is from 4900 Reel Great Guys Set. I've had the frame die in my stash for quite a while with the intent to use it like this. The small frames are perfect for smaller and medium sized images. I drew and colored in the backgrounds for the floating dog and the fish pail. They are very simple and easy to execute.

To do this card, I lightly drew the frames of the die on alcohol marker paper cut slightly larger than the frame. Then I stamped the images in the centers of the frames and colored them. I cut three frames with the die and glued them together to get a little more depth in it. I made an A2 card out of dark brown cardstock and glued the panel and frame to it. To finish it, I added sun, fish and reel brads and drew a thin line from the tip of the reel to the Birthday Fishes sign. The brads can be found at Eyelet Outlet.

Thanks for stopping by today to see an idea for a masculine birthday card. I hope it gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a GREAT Saturday!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love this masculine design, Janet! One of my favorite AI sets.

Sharon Caudle said...

Masculine cards are very hard for me, Janet. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration! I really like how this turned out!

Kathy Raker said...

So cute! I think masculine cards are more difficult and you pulled it off nicely.