Saturday, April 20, 2024

Spring Has Sprung in the Meadow by Janet

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great Saturday so far. I'm a HUGE fan of the Windows To The World line. Bonnie and her team have made so many beautiful mini scenes. Today I have used one of them and altered it to fit the fence die that is part of the 5719-FB Fence & Window Dies set. After stamping and coloring the scene in 5410-Mailbox Window Set with Copic markers, I cut it out with the rectangle die in the Fence & Window set. I then cut out a dark green piece of cardstock with the same die and pasted the square picture at the top of the rectangle. Then I used the fence die in the set to cut out the white fence as shown. It just so happens that the top of the fence in the die cut falls just where the seam of the larger background rectangle and the stamped scene is so it really doesn't show. Plus I made the fence into a shaker window and the shaker pieces also disguise my alterations. This worked even better than I had anticipated. Just so you know, I wouldn't have had to use shaker pieces to hide this because the dark green blended into the background behind the fence. Since I had decided to make it a shaker piece early on, I just kept to that plan anyway.

This is a gate fold A2 card base. A fold on the right and left side creates the card opening in the middle. I decorated each panel with cardstock and patterned papers from the 5742-Easter PP. One thing about this kind of card fold is that it doesn't always close flat. To solve this, I used the 5590-Journal Butterfly Clasp die to create a belly band at the top of the card. In order to get the butterfly a different color, I cut just the butterfly portion of the die out of glitter cardstock. Then I glued these on top of the pink cardstock. This makes the clasp stronger which is good since that part gets the most use when the card is opened and closed. The final touch to the card are the three small butterflies. I cut these with a die in the 5223-Bookmark Dies. I folded each of the wings up and glued them on to the card in the center only. Last, I added a few clay flower pieces and hearts to add the finishing touches.


 Thanks for stopping by today to see a different twist on the Windows To The World line. I hope it gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a GREAT Saturday!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest   

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Another fabulous use of the Windows to the World stamps, Janet! This is awesome!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!