Tuesday, May 7, 2024

So Thankful...by Reneé Matarese

 Hey everyone!

Are you enjoying the Birds of a Feather challenge as much as I am?

I love all of the beautiful cards I've seen entered so far.

Where I live we have a bird called the Great Blue Heron. The only bird with 
a larger wing span where I live is the Bald Eagle. The heron is large, beautiful
and majestic. I have loved them since I was a little girl.



I was inspired by Kim's new KH5820 – My Favorite Birds Set. I am NOT a watercolor artist,
but for this card I wanted to give it a try. I used a #4 brush and a combination of WC pencils, Marvy markers, Tombow markers and Twin Tone markers.

I used two Ai die sets and the 5734 – Friend Sentiment Set. I'll link them all below.


WC Pencils:
Staedtler
50, 80

Derwent
6 Deep Cadmium, 30 Kingfisher Blue, 40 Turquoise Green

Twin Tone Markers:
Green, Gray

Marvy Markers:
45 Sepia, 99 Periwinkle

Tombow Markers:
N65, 158, 312, 528

3 comments:

Hunky Dory said...

Beautiful card, Renee! For not being a watercolor artist, you sure nailed it!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh wow, this is really pretty, Renee!

Kathy Raker said...

Beautiful! Love the background paper too.