Saturday, June 8, 2024

Tales from the Deep (end of the pier)! by Janet


 Hello everyone and welcome to the weekend! Father's Day is almost here and if you have a fisherman in the family like I do, you will be as excited about the new 5906 Bait & Tackle MB as I am! Is this not adorable? Ai has hit it out of the park once again with all the details that are packed into this little card.

All matchbook cards start out the same way. You use the same base card dies no matter what the theme is. It's super handy and makes it very affordable to add to your matchbook collection. The base is 5317 MB Template Dies. I cut mine out of a 6 x 6 piece striped cardstock. I cut the die again but just for the bottom half so that I could get a floor piece. I wanted it to have a more wood-like appearance. It's the first time I've done that and it worked well. It didn't make the card too bulky or interfere with closing the card up even though both the base and the woodgrain cardstocks were heavy weight. 

Once the base card was ready, I simply stamped and colored the images included in this set and then cut everything out with the included dies. The dies even put in score lines so it's easy to fold the tabs that are used to attach the pieces to the card base! I had a great time imagining this shop and coloring it all up. I chose to use the Gone Fishin' sentiment which is made to perfectly fit the die in the template set. I also thought the fish would be fun hanging on the awning. 

Although I didn't take a photo of it, I did make a matching envelope for this one. The MB cards fold up and a tab keeps them shut but the envelope is a great touch and makes it extra special. To cut the perfect little envelope, I used the 5318 MB Envelope Dies. And once again, once you have this die set you can use it for all your matchbook card creations!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my card gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Be sure to take a look at all the new releases while you are there. Have a great Saturday!

 Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest  

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Your card is so awesome, Janet! I love the colors you used! And perfect timing for a fabulous Father's Day card!!