Thursday, July 18, 2024

Beautiful Cross and Saying by Dori Mendiola

Happy Thursday AI Friends!

I have a spiritual card for you today using the new #5909 Cross Dies as well as the #5417 Frameworks Sentiment.  These cross dies are so beautiful and elegant.  Seven unique dies come in the set and can be used together, as I did below, or individually.


I created the background using Ranger alcohol inks, but you can also use your Copic marker refills for this technique.  I made this background awhile ago so not positive on the colors but I believe I used Butterscotch and Honeycomb.  I made several different backgrounds using this technique and it was so much fun creating different variations.  

Using a piece of felt and the straight edge of a protractor, any straight edge will work, I wrapped the felt over the straight edge and taped the sides down to hold into place.  I then placed a drop or two of the butterscotch alcohol ink onto half of the felt and honeycomb onto the other half.  For the paper, I used the back side of a piece of photo paper.  Place the straight edge onto the paper and zig zag it across the length of the paper.  This will create the sun-ray look.  You can do this same technique using rainbow colors and run your straight edge in a half circle across the paper.  These are just a few ideas, but there are so many other ways to create amazing backgrounds.  Have fun playing.

I used the largest rectangle die from the #5063 Rectangle A2 Double Stitched dies to cut the background and the #5591 Journal Rectangle Frames die,  using #5892 Easter S2 PP, to cut the scalloped frame for the sentiment.  I die cut the large cross out of white cardstock and the smaller cross out of a piece of yellow cardstock wrapped in packing tape to give it a glossy finish.  This is a nice alternative to using glossy accents and it die cuts wonderfully.  

Hope you enjoy my card today and have fun trying the alcohol ink technique.  



1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Dori, this is beautiful! Love how you created the background and your cross is gorgeous!