Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Poppy Belly Band Box & Bookmarks by Dori Mendiola

Happy Wednesday AI Friends!

I have two projects for you today that feature the same stamp set #6163 - Poppy Margin set.  One is a belly band using the #6043 - Bible Bookmark and the other is a set of bookmarks using the #6230 - Mini Decorative Bookmark set.

The poppy margin was stamped with Memento black ink onto copic friendly paper and colored with my copic markers listed below.  I painted the scroll frame as well as the floral centers with the Winsor & Newton gold paint.  

The belly band fits nicely over the #6121 - Storybook box.  I created this box without cutting the oval center so that it was a solid closed box.  Wrap the belly band around the box to form the folds.  I then cut two small holes at each end, added the ribbon and sentiment and tied the bow.

Bookmark before matting and forming as a belly band:

Backside of the box with belly band:


Project 2:  The bookmarks below use several fussy cut florals from the poppy margin stamp set and placed on the sentiments.  The first bookmark is magnetic and the second one I used a covered paper clip.  
Paper Clip BM:  Take a lightweight piece of cardstock 3" x 2 1/2" (approx. the size of the bookmark) and fold in half.  Place the paper clip over the folded edge.  Cut a slit at the center fold of the bookmark cardstock and slip the top of the paper clip cardstock through the slit.  Glue the top layers together.  Do the same for the bottom layers.  The paper clip will then hold the pages together of the book.  


Hope you enjoy my projects today!

Have a great week and have fun creating!

Copics used:  G40, G43, G46
V20, V22, V25
Y32, Y35     B000

No comments: