Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Easter Egg Watercolor Truck by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

Happy First Day of Spring!

When I first saw the truck in the new Ai watercolor release I knew I wanted to get it because I could fill it with tons of things.  It was a given that I would put flowers and leaves in it, but Easter eggs was not one of the first things I thought of. This blog post is falling on the first day of spring, but it is also my last post before Easter, so I had to come up with a way to combine the two.  After looking at the sets I had planned to use this month, I decided to combine a few of them into this one post.


I started with a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper.  I inked up my truck from the WC Truck Mini Set 5011 with African Violet and Sepia and stamped the truck in the center of the paper and pulled the color from the lines.  I masked the truck and used Steel Blue to ink just the eggs from the HM Easter Set 4976 Basket Image.  I stamped them once around the cab of the truck and used masking paper to create a mask before I stamped them again towards the back of the truck bed.  Then I colored the eggs with Iris PurpleVioletTropicalBrilliant Yellow and Steel Blue markers from a WC Palette using a # 4 brush. I inked the three tiny blooms from the WC Mini Flower Set 3, 5009 with Violet and stamped it in small clusters.  I inked up another small bloom from the same set with Brilliant Yellow and stamped in a few different areas.  I filled in the gaps using the tiny grass from the Foliage set 4051 inked with Pine Green.  I also added some vines from the WC Foliage Set 3 5007 with Pine Green.  Once I was happy with everything, I cut my image out with Spellbinders Nestabilities 4.



I stamped the set of three eggs from the Sweet Easter Set 5004 onto the Canson XL paper with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I colored them using my same supplies.  I fussy cut them out with detail scissors and added them to my layer with foam tape. I also stamped the Happy Easter greeting from that same stamp set with the Jet Black ink and cut it out using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels set 17. I also added that with foam tape.


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

Post a Comment