Friday, January 17, 2020

Valentine House with Holiday Mansion | By Jessica Shier

Hey everyone!

It's Jessica! Today I have a super cute little Valentine's Day house to share with you using two stamp sets. The first one is the main image with the Holiday Mansion and the second is an accessories set, HM Valentine.


For the coloring of the house and details, I used Copic markers. I wanted a mint green mixed with a light pink, coral, light brown with gold and dark brown accents. I have the colors I used listed below. I decided to mix up the background with some watercolors. For that I used a few Tombow Dual brush pen markers. I wanted something bright, flowy and happy and these bright blue colors made it super easy. I used a piece of Ranger Watercolor paper that is trimmed to an A2 panel (4 1/4in x 5 1/2in). I scribbled each blue color on the paper. Using the lighter on top and the darker towards the bottom. Then spritzed with a sprayer filled with clean water. Then simply dried the mixed ink with a heat gun. I was quick and didn't let the markers sit on the paper. Though I've had great luck using these pens straight to the paper without issue, I also don't want to let the ink sit on the paper while I go do walk the dog or something.   

Tombow Dual Brush Markers:
452
493

Here are the Copic Markers I used:
R14, R02
R83, RV11
643, 640, YG41, YG61
W3, W1
E31, E81
E35, E13
Y35, Y15


There are several other accessory sets for the Holiday Mansion with different holidays and themes. Here are a few more examples the Design Team has done in the past.  I like the fact that they come with the coordinating dies to easily make the doors open and cut out all of the accessory items. I did however fussy cut the house out. There is no die for it but it is really easy to trim out using your favorite fussy cutting scissors. 

I adhered the background and house to a Neenah Solar White 110lb card base and started placing my decorative items. The house looks great with our with out shutters. I like to add a bit of vellum and colored card stock behind the windows. You could also add one of the accessory items like the potted hearts or a waving critter behind those windows too. I decided to just add a warm light yellow and tuck the bears behind the to doors that are scored and cut to open. 


For the inside I colored and die cut a second heart banner (I stamped and cut it along with everything else, so it was pre planned) and stamped the sentiment that comes with the Holiday Mansion set. I made a frame by layering a dark brown cardstock underneath and added my second banner of hearts. I like the sentiment used with the Valentine's theme. It is something simple and easy to send to a friend, especially those crafty friends but still has a cute holiday theme. 


Alright that is it for me today everyone! Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy stamping.