Friday, May 22, 2020

We're Here fun with color | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai fans!
Jessica here again today, with one more card design using the We're Here stamp set. This image of the ladies bursting through the door is so fun and I thought I would color them up a bit differently then I did the last time and use some fun wild colors for their hair. If I had more time and patience I would so color my hair teal!


If you compare the below photo with the one above you can see that they are slightly different. I liked the look of the on above but I thought the yellow orange color I used on the door mat and curtain were really distracting. So I colored the image again and made a second card.. Replacing the yellow with a RV81 & RV83 pink color combination. It is a lot softer but I do like how both turned out.


For the background I used several Distress Oxide reinkers. These are great to use as watercolors and a few drops goes a long ways. I did each color separately, using Ranger Distress watercolor paper and squishing it over the drops of Distress Oxide. Basically just making blobs but it was fun, colorful and easy. I used a little bit of water from the Distress Sprayer to add some texture since the Distress Oxide inks react with water.
 

I had a blast using this We're Here stamp set and playing around with colors. Let me know which version you prefer and if you missed my last post using this set take a look at that here. 

Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy stamping!


No comments: