Saturday, July 16, 2022

Watercolor Weekend 7-16-2022

 Hello Ai fans!

It's time for our Watercolor Weekend!


This week our Design Team has three very different cards so no matter what sort of inspiration you're looking for, you should be able to find it here!

Art Impressions just released a fabulous new WC Journal Series and we're in love with it!

First up this week is Dot and her fabulous card using the new 5575 – Mailbox Birdhouse Set.
Hello,
I am still playing around with red, white and blue and decided to use the brand new 5575 - Mailbox, Birdhouse set for my Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend card. Twice a month on the first and third Saturdays, you can find inspiration from the Watercolor Design Team on the Ai blog under the Watercolor Weekend tab. Be sure to check it out! 


To make this card, ink up the birdhouse set with both 565 and 969, stamp it off and then stamp it on your watercolor paper so it's not too dark. Pull the color out of the lines. Use a pencil and a ruler to draw the flag. See Bonnie's tutorial here to make the flag. Use Tombow 555 for the blue parts of the flag, birdhouse and planter. Use the Tombow 856 for the red parts. Ink the foliage from the 5476 Foliage Set 5 with 177 and stamp them in the pots. The bottom flowers are from the same set but you ink the flowers with 565 which is more purple than blue like the 555. Ink the grass from the 4051 Foliage set  under those bottom flowers and pull the color up and below the grass. The red flowers are from the 5009 Mini Flower Set. The sky is 555. Use Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white to add the stars to the flag and the dots to the pot. I used a small stylus but you could use a small paint brush. Cut it out using the 5063 A2 Double Stitched Die Set. Hope you give it a try!


Next up is Tricia.  
She also used one of the new WC Journal sets. Tricia's holiday card features the 

I started out by inking up the VW Bus Pickup with 969 and 569.  I stamped it off and then stamped it onto my watercolor paper and pulled the color out of the lines.  Next, I added some red to the truck and a mixture of the brown/blue to the tires.  For the tree, I inked up one of the evergreen trees with green, stamped it off, I masked off the cab and bed of the truck, and, using my positioner placed the tree into the back of the truck.  I pulled some green out of the lines.  I wasn’t careful because I have my Dr PH Martins bleed proof white!
 

Using my palette, 569 and lots of water, I moved it into mountain shapes behind the truck.  Remember, things in the foreground are dark and they get lighter the further away they are.  I added a little bit of 569 beneath the truck.  I went over any areas I wanted to add white back in and used my bleed proof white to create snow.
 
I stamped a wreath and cut it out with the heart from the new watercolor journal die set.  I stamped the sentiment using my black ink and MISTI stamping tool. The sentiment is a new one with this release.  Lastly I signed and dated. 

The new dies also includes this really cute decorative square (reminds me of a postage stamp) and the decorative corners.  I have a feeling I am going to be using these for years to come.  The patterned papers are an old pack from Gina K designs.


Our last card comes from Karen.
She went beachy this time. 
Her card reminds me so much of my kids when they were little.

Hello Ai Watercolour fans!
I've created a summery scene this week, featuring 5118 - WC Beach Girls Set, and 5119 - WC Beach Boys Set:


Using my stamp positioner for placement, I stamped the little boy and girl on my Canson XL Watercolor Paper using #992, and sketched in the shape of a sandcastle between them, along with the shoreline and horizon.  I built up their skintones using layers of #850, and painted his hair with #969, and hers with #850, then #947 overtop to give her a reddish/strawberry blond look, leaving the crown of each head very pale on top where the sun would hit.  His suit was painted with #569, and hers with #993/055.  #977 was painted in as the sand, with several darker layers on the castle, and around the figures.  I mixed #493 and #569 to create the darker water shade, and then used just #493 to paint in the sky.  #245 added a pop of bright green to the bucket.
I used #565 to add shadows in the sand, then used the fine point of a grey marker to slightly darken the outline of the children, and to draw in the little flag and the bucket handle.  I die cut out my scene and mounted it with 3D adhesive onto my patterned background.



From the Patriotic, to Christmas, to the beach...our designers created some wonderful cards. 
You can find their inspiration every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.

Be sure to check out the new Journal Series.
The dies can be used on cards as well as the journal as can all of the stamp sets.



We hope you all have a wonderful weekend and are inspired to do something crafty!
Be sure to #artimpressions if you do because we love to see your creations.

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Dot, Tricia, and Karen - I love seeing your gorgeous watercolor paintings! Dot, your patriotic card is fabulous! Tricia - your snowy scene is so pretty! And Karen - your paintings always make my jaw drop! I love all three!! Beautiful work as always!