Sunday, October 9, 2022

Watercolor Angels by Tricia

I am incredibly honored to have been asked to do a blog post for a recent set of paintings that I created with the new Angels set.  I originally wanted to challenge myself to think outside of the box and stretch my stamps. I thought I was creating Halloween costumes but it turns out after creating the backgrounds that is not necessarily what they turned out to be in the end. 

Here are the before and after pics in case you missed my Instagram and Facebook posts.

 


Let's get a closer look!

First, we have this little dragon with her new mouse friend surrounded by a sweet pumpkin patch. The NEW Harvest watercolor stamps have the best pumpkins I have ever seen!

This cute little witch continues our Fall/Halloween theme. I colored her up like the wicked witch of the west and created my own broom.  I love these night scenes when I can just keep layering color to get more and more depth and make little stars, of course.


I was really torn on what to do with the background for this sweet bee, but then my new stamps arrived just in time and these hay bales were perfect.  I am in LOVE with the sunflowers and I know they will be showing up on lots of my projects. 


I wasn’t really sure what to do with this sleeping angel so I decided to dress her like Minnie Mouse. I found a picture of Minnie’s house to hand draw her background. Makes me think that she must have been exhausted trying to get there.

Finally I have a snowy scene with this cute angel.  I extended her wings a little a placed her in a winter wonderland. Creating these trees is one of my all time favorite things to do in watercolor.  I should have gotten out the bleed proof white to add some snow to the branches.  Next time!

I had so much fun creating these scenes.  I was glad I didn’t rush through the process and just let the inspiration come.  Thank you so much for joining me and I am so blessed to be surrounded by such a talented, loving and encouraging community. I hope you all have a wonderfully creative day!


SUPPLIES:

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow!! What impressive uses of the sweet angel girls! I love the diversity in your fun projects. Thanks for sharing, Tricia!! ♥️