Saturday, January 21, 2023

Thinking of You - Stretching Your Christmas Stamps

Hello everyone! I'm back again this week to offer further inspiration for a Windows to the World stamp set. If you missed our challenge post, check it out. Included is my tutorial for using a Windows the to the World stamp and dies designed just for it. Here's the card I made to kick of our newest challenge. The post can be found HERE.

The weather has definitely turned colder and I wanted to a card featuring a winter scene. Most winter stamps in my collection are about the Christmas season. However, I realized that this Christmas stamp, M4691 - With Love Window could be used for a winter themed card. All I had to do was eliminate the sentiment around the window which mentions Christmas. I love when you can get multiple seasons out of one stamp set! Here's a close up of the finished stamp on the card. The snowman is so cheerful. Just what we need in the middle of January!

In today's card I decided to create mats with graduating window sizes. Each layer underneath is slightly smaller until the window is the perfect size for the stamp. To do this, I picked my papers and cut them all to fit an A2 sized card base. I used three 5061-Square Double Stitched Dies to create a gradual reduction to the die I used from the 5408-ShadowBox Window Die that perfectly fits the Windows to the World stamps. If you don't have this die, you can simply fussy cut it out.

I highly recommend using paper pads when choosing to use multiple patterns on a card. Doing so makes sure the colors go together. In my case, I also chose a pattern that had a tree pattern at the bottom of it. I used it to my advantage as part of the design on the card. All I needed to add was a sentiment to finish it! 

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed my project and that you have been inspired to enter our Windows To The World challenge! Can't wait to see what you create.

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest


No comments: