Thursday, July 25, 2024

Buzzing By by Dori Mendiola

 Happy Thursday AI Friends!

My card for today fits the All A-Buzz Challenge going on this week.  Check out the "Bi-weekly Challenge" tab above for the details and join in on the fun.  Create a card/project using insects.  I used the #5925 - Honey Bee set for my card.  What a great fun set.  It includes flowers, bees, honey jar, bee hive and so much more plus dies to go with each of the images.  

A complete set for creating a beautiful scene.  


I love making interactive cards so this one is no surprise that I made the bees buzz around.  I stamped each of the images onto copic friendly paper and colored with copic markers listed below.  I die cut each of the images with the corresponding dies, included in the set, and placed them aside while I built the base for the card.  
I used the #5892 Easter S2 paper pack and the largest #5062 Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched die to cut the pattern paper.  Then I used two circles from the #5064 Double Stitched Circle dies to cut the round track for the bees to buzz around.  I placed foam tape behind the circle as well as the rectangle, making sure not to place too close to the outside of the circle so the bees can spin, and adhered onto a black cardstock background.  I slipped a dime (or disc, thin button, etc.) under the track and placed a square pop dot, cut in half, on top of the dime.  Then I placed two bees on top of the foam dot.  I used two bees so that I could hide the dime from showing.  

After making the mechanism, I decorated the rest of the card using the images I had colored and die cut.  I created the grass using a die cut and patterned paper from my stash.  I also used the Rounded Rectangle A2 die to cut the bottom portion of the grass so it fit nicely over the striped base. I glued the stem portion of the flowers underneath the grass and popped up the flower portion using foam tape.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment, from this same set, and die cut using the #5135 Hexagon Double Stitched Die set.

That's my card for today!  Hope you play along with us and enter your creative card/project into the challenge.  You could win a free stamp set and who can say "No" to that.  

Have a great day and enjoy creating!

Copics used:  N2, N4, N7
E21, E23, E25, E27
Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
YG41, YG45
B0000, B000
R02, R05


No comments: