Hello Ai fans. If you come here enough, you will know that I favor bright and bold colors. Today is a perfect example of it. Color makes me happy and somehow pastels and light shades alone rarely work for me. It's true from wardrobe, my home, and my artistic card making. Today's card once again showcases a dark fuchsia that's tamed down by some quiet yellow, cream and kraft cardstock choices.
To create my project, I started by stamping an oval frame from the 6221 - Frameworks Set 3. Then I stamped in the poppy flowers using one of the floral images in 6218 - BJ Long Stems. I colored the poppies and the frame in reddish orange colors with Copic markers. I also colored a light blue background into the blank space in the frame. I stamped another round frame from the same set and stamped a sentiment from the 6216 - Mercy Set. I colored the background in blue here as well. Once complete, I fussy cut the frames and set them aside.
The next step was to use two dies from the 6048 - Scalloped Rectangle Dies. The inner mat was cut out of a nice pale yellow and cream striped paper design found in the 6205 - Floral Shop Paper Pack. The exterior scalloped frame was cut from from Stardream Metallic cardstock in Jupiter. I stacked these two mats on top of a kraft A2 card base. Then I mounted the two frames on the card. To add a delicate touch and additional texture, I included a cream chiffon bow enhanced with a cream ribbon rose.
While this card has a strong burst of color, it doesn't take away from the flower image and sentiment. In fact, it enhances the colors in the poppy and ties the entire card together. I hope you agree that the neutral cardstock colors play nicely with the dark fuchsia cardstock and reddish orange hues.
Thanks for stopping by and spending time with me and Art Impressions today. Please visit the Ai store to pick up your favorite stamps, dies, papers, accessories, and supplies, including all the supplies I used in this card.
Happy Crafting!


No comments:
Post a Comment