Saturday, September 5, 2026

Party Animal! by Janet

I'm celebrating a birthday with my card today. We are also a little more than half way through the current Ai Challenge - Furry Friends. We hope you upload your cards featuring one of your favorite animals. With so many to choose from, this one should be no problem at all! Just link your card up to the Furry Friends Challenge post and see if you win. It's a lot of fun to participate in!

My card features a cute giraffe. I've always loved giraffes and this one is all set to celebrate with a banner, party hat, and balloons. He is definitely stealing the show on this card! He is found in the 5400 - Baby Critters Set. This set includes dies so it's a cinch to cut the animals and party accessories out if you prefer that over staging them on as a one layer scene. I like cutting the animals out because you can make them pop on foam tape which gives the card a lot of dimension and interest.

I stamped the giraffe and colored him with Copic markers. I chose to color the pennants and balloons in blue and red. His hat follows the same theme. The set has star ornaments but I turned them around and made them part of the balloon bouquet instead. I used the 6048 Scalloped Rectangle Die on a leaf design from 6025 Floral Shop PP. I also used the 5724 Nested Rectangle Set to cut out the green, gold, and pink mats for the card. Finally I stamped a sentiment from the set on a piece of white cardstock. This guy is certainly ready to give it his all to party with the guest of honor!

Thanks for stopping by and spending time with me and Art Impressions today. Please visit the Ai store to pick up your favorite stamps, dies, papers, accessories, and supplies, including all the supplies I used in this card. 

Happy Crafting!

No comments: